We stayed 4 nights at the Cape Royale at the end of a 29 night stay in SA. We stayed in some super accomodation throughout our stay and unfortunately the Cape Royale didn't live up to its 5 star billing. The hotel is very nice, the rooms are spacious and very clean. It is located about 10-15min walk to the waterfornt and a similar distance down to long street. We were hassled a number of times by beggars while walking away from the hotel, they were very pushy and followed you for a good distance before relenting. If you have a car the charges for the car parking are additional to your room rate and rise without notification. We were quoted R65 at checking and it was documented on the docket and upon checkout were told it was R80 as it had gone up at the start of the month.
Unfortunately the service/ food is just not upto a 5 start hotel. Staff are ok, but just not professional in dealing with requests and can't make a decision. The SPA is not really a SPA it is a beauticans, which strangely doesn't give priority to hotel guests. The sky cocktail bar didn't even have a coctail menu, the barman just listed off the cocktails available. Overall the Cape Royale just didn't deliver as 5 star hotel and would be well down the list on our next visit to Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury 5-star hotel is located in central Green Point, just a 10-minute walk from Cape Town Stadium and the V&A Waterfront. It offers bright rooms with free capped Wi-Fi, a rooftop pool and gym. Cape Royale Luxury Hotel features spacious suites with a Juliet balcony and includes a well-equipped kitchen, large living and entertainment areas. All rooms have a flat-screen satellite TV, a CD and DVD Player. Guests of the luxury Cape Royale have a choice between 5 dining options including a pool bar offering views of Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain, as well as a modern gym featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment. Cape Royale's concierge can offer suggestions on local activities and can arrange a complimentary shuttle service that can transport guests within a 5 km radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Southall Travel, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Royale Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Royale Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Royale
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel Cape Town, South Africa