“beautiful experience”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #41 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed 29 December 2013

i stayed at Cape royale from 15th to 19th December 13 with my family and had wonderful holiday in cape town. we were staying in 2 Bed room Suite which is well appointed and very comfortable .service is excellent and staff very courteous and professional .
1800 degree grill is a nice place to dine and we enjoyed their food and exceelent service .overall great experience .

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms have great view with Cape town stadium and main road in front
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this beautiful review. It is so expncoursging to received such valuable feedback and I have shared this with all of my team.

I do hope you had an enjoyable festive season and may 2014 be a happy and prosperous year for you and your family.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Be aware I had 220£ stolen from a hidden pocket in my suitcase whilst I was out for the day. I got the distinct impression that security staff didn't care apart from to make sure I signed the paper saying the hotel was not liable.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Thom49

Dear Guest,

I would like to comment on your review. As you are aware we carried out a thorough and detailed investigation into the alleged theft from your suite. Our security manager was in contact with you regarding the alleged theft.

We offered to call the SA police on your behalf. CCTV footage was reviewed. Polygraph tests where conducted with our staff and we have carried out a full investigation and regrettably there is no evidence to prove that 1)That there was money in your suite and 2) That our staff took any money from your suite.

With regards to the safe keeping of valuables, we do advise and encourage as a standard procedure for all our guests to securely lock their valuables in the safes provided in the suites.

I am sorry that you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation, but we cannot reimburse when there is no evidence that we were at fault. I assure you that it was certainly not our intention to ruin your stay by the alleged theft and we take incidents extremely seriously.

Kind Regards

Resident Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

What an amazing hotel .Probably the best service levels I have ever encountered. And always with a smile. The accommodation is world class and Sky bar is magnificent. All in all a phenomenal holiday. Definitely my hotel of choice from now on in Cape Town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Royal Guest,

Wow what a great review you have given us here on Trip Advisor. Thank you very much indeed. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Wishing you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2014.
See you in the New Year!

Terri Jabaar & the team at Cape Royale :-)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We have nothing but praise for Cape Royale Hotel! Eight of us traveled to South Africa for a two week vacation and all of us feel positive about this hotel. We had two suites with four bedrooms. Our room service was thorough; the concierge and doormen were amazing, We all commented on how welcome we all felt and how much we appreciated everyone looking out for our comfort. The restaurant has the best chocolate cake EVER and the roof top bar was perfect for a nightcap. All eight of us would stay here again when/if we get the chance to visit Cape Town in the future. Thank you to all staff members who made our visit extraordinary!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Royal Guest, family and friends,

Thank you for this excellent review you have given us. It is so positive and motivating to read your comments especially relating to our staff and service. I am glad that you had such a wonderful vacation.

Thank you for your support and for spreading the good word about Cape Royale and I do hope that should you be back in town we will have the pleasure of looking after you again.

Wishing you a very happy, healthy and successful 2014.

Terri Jabaar and the Team at Cape Royale

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Our experience with the hotel was pretty perfect. Our room was huge and beautiful, the staff was wonderful. However, the experience with the spa was anything but ideal. They messed up our reservation (booked 3 people, only had enough staff for 2) and when we showed up for the appointment, they weren't even there (they showed up ten minutes late). I would say definitely book the hotel, just make your spa appointments elsewhere because the people who run the spa are disorganized.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank loves2trvl924

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this feedback. Many thank for the comments relating to the hotel, I am so pleased that everything regarding the hotel, the suites and the service was perfect.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you have noted relating to Equinox Spa. I can assure you 100% this is not the normal experience at Equinox and I do believe Sunette our Spa Manager has been in contact with you to discuss in detail. I am hopeful we will come to a resolution regarding the experience you have noted. Again my apologies.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Currently a guest at the Cape Royale Hotel. The check in went smoothly. The rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast was very good. We did have an unfortunate experience with the concierge services. We asked that they make a reservation at a specific restaurant. We were told that the reservation was confirmed and the hotel arranged for a taxi to take us. When we arrived at the restaurant we were told that there was no reservation for us and that this hotel was notorious for telling guests that they had confirmed bookings even when they were told there was no availability. The hotel was called and they claimed it was booked. They sent a taxi to pick us up and take us to another restaurant. They did not offer to reimburse us for our taxi fare. We arrived back at the hotel and the head concierge did not even acknowledge their error. Oddly, we arrived back at our room with a wet towel rolled up as a swan on the bed with roses. This certainly does not live up to Preferred Hotel Group standards.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We decided on the spur of the moment to pay a short visit to Cape Town. Researched for accommodation on the internet and came across The Cape Royale hotel who was offering a good deal. Had a very pleasant stay. We have however recommended to the hotel that they upgrade some of the furniture in the room. We had a suite - the chairs were uncomfortable to sit in for a period of time. The passage was also a bit noisy at times. On the up side - in a good location and walking distance to the Victoria & Alfred waterfront. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Royale Guest,

Thank you for this great review of our hotel & services.
I am pleased that you found a good deal for a last minute stopover and that we met your expectations.
Please be assured that I will investigate your comments regarding the furniture in the suite.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Until then have a wonderful festive season and may 2014 be a superb year for you and your family.