“Christmas at the Cape”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our family spent Christmas in Cape Town in 2 1-BR Suites at the Cape Royale. Very nice property with good central location, only 5 minutes from the Waterfront. Rooms are ok, with great beds. Wish the router and WiFi service was better (needs adaptors?). Room did not have Room Service menus and phone system a nightmare to try and figure out. BUT, the Travel Desk managed by Girschen was fantastic. Many thanks for the tips and transport to The Strand on Christmas Day, G - appreciate your extra time and attention! Also thanks to Uvil who drove us all over town to dinners, etc., very greatly appreciated! The food and staff at 1800 Restaurant were very, very good.
Overall a really great stay in a classy residence hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this lovely review, I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful stay with us over Christmas. Thanks for the special mention of Girschen & Uvil, I have congratulated both gents and the rest of the team for their hard work.

Thank you also for your constructive feedback re the wifi, the telephone system and the menu's in the suites. Please be assured that these comments have received the highest attention and we are busy investigating, my apologies for any inconvenience caused but these shortfalls as this is certainly not the norm.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cape Royale for another great stay. Until then, wishing you a wonderful 2014.

Royal Regards

Terri Jabaar & the Team at Cape Royale.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the Cape Royale with my wife for a week in November and was very impressed with the personalised customer service shown by the hotel.

The Cape Royale is a great place to stay for the following reasons :

- customer service
- great location
- cleanliness
- comfortable beds

All the above made for an excellent stay. In particular Sedick Achmat was a great help and always went the extra mile to help us with our itenary for the week.

Thank you to the Cape Royale for making our time in Cape Town a memorable one. We will be back!

Mr Hussain

Thanks again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Royal Guest,

What a great review you have given us, thank you kindly. Special thanks for your kind words about Sedick our Guest Services Manager who is an asset to our team :-)
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Until such times, wishing you and your family a wonderful 2014.

Royal Regards

Terri Jabaar and the Team at Cape Royale.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

i stayed at Cape royale from 15th to 19th December 13 with my family and had wonderful holiday in cape town. we were staying in 2 Bed room Suite which is well appointed and very comfortable .service is excellent and staff very courteous and professional .
1800 degree grill is a nice place to dine and we enjoyed their food and exceelent service .overall great experience .

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms have great view with Cape town stadium and main road in front
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this beautiful review. It is so expncoursging to received such valuable feedback and I have shared this with all of my team.

I do hope you had an enjoyable festive season and may 2014 be a happy and prosperous year for you and your family.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Be aware I had 220£ stolen from a hidden pocket in my suitcase whilst I was out for the day. I got the distinct impression that security staff didn't care apart from to make sure I signed the paper saying the hotel was not liable.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Thom49

Dear Guest,

I would like to comment on your review. As you are aware we carried out a thorough and detailed investigation into the alleged theft from your suite. Our security manager was in contact with you regarding the alleged theft.

We offered to call the SA police on your behalf. CCTV footage was reviewed. Polygraph tests where conducted with our staff and we have carried out a full investigation and regrettably there is no evidence to prove that 1)That there was money in your suite and 2) That our staff took any money from your suite.

With regards to the safe keeping of valuables, we do advise and encourage as a standard procedure for all our guests to securely lock their valuables in the safes provided in the suites.

I am sorry that you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation, but we cannot reimburse when there is no evidence that we were at fault. I assure you that it was certainly not our intention to ruin your stay by the alleged theft and we take incidents extremely seriously.

Kind Regards

Resident Manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

What an amazing hotel .Probably the best service levels I have ever encountered. And always with a smile. The accommodation is world class and Sky bar is magnificent. All in all a phenomenal holiday. Definitely my hotel of choice from now on in Cape Town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Royal Guest,

Wow what a great review you have given us here on Trip Advisor. Thank you very much indeed. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Wishing you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2014.
See you in the New Year!

Terri Jabaar & the team at Cape Royale :-)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We have nothing but praise for Cape Royale Hotel! Eight of us traveled to South Africa for a two week vacation and all of us feel positive about this hotel. We had two suites with four bedrooms. Our room service was thorough; the concierge and doormen were amazing, We all commented on how welcome we all felt and how much we appreciated everyone looking out for our comfort. The restaurant has the best chocolate cake EVER and the roof top bar was perfect for a nightcap. All eight of us would stay here again when/if we get the chance to visit Cape Town in the future. Thank you to all staff members who made our visit extraordinary!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Royal Guest, family and friends,

Thank you for this excellent review you have given us. It is so positive and motivating to read your comments especially relating to our staff and service. I am glad that you had such a wonderful vacation.

Thank you for your support and for spreading the good word about Cape Royale and I do hope that should you be back in town we will have the pleasure of looking after you again.

Wishing you a very happy, healthy and successful 2014.

Terri Jabaar and the Team at Cape Royale

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Our experience with the hotel was pretty perfect. Our room was huge and beautiful, the staff was wonderful. However, the experience with the spa was anything but ideal. They messed up our reservation (booked 3 people, only had enough staff for 2) and when we showed up for the appointment, they weren't even there (they showed up ten minutes late). I would say definitely book the hotel, just make your spa appointments elsewhere because the people who run the spa are disorganized.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank loves2trvl924

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this feedback. Many thank for the comments relating to the hotel, I am so pleased that everything regarding the hotel, the suites and the service was perfect.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you have noted relating to Equinox Spa. I can assure you 100% this is not the normal experience at Equinox and I do believe Sunette our Spa Manager has been in contact with you to discuss in detail. I am hopeful we will come to a resolution regarding the experience you have noted. Again my apologies.

Kindest Regards