“Fantastic Hotel & Fantastic Staff”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #53 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed recently in Cape Royale for a short stay while travelling in South Africa. I couldn't have had a better stay in this fabulous hotel. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, I'd especially like to mention the managerial staff, Terri Jabaar in particular, who seemed to make the point of addressing us and other guests personally. This is so nice, knowing that they take the time to know their guests.
Our stay with Cape Royale was amazing and I would definitely recommend it anyone staying in the Cape Town area. Great service, staff and atmosphere, 5 stars!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon and loved this hotel! The service was amazing. The airlines lost our luggage for 5 days and the Cape Royale staff were super helpful- calling the airlines multiple times a day, helping do our laundry, booking some great restaurants and things to do in Cape Town! We were on our honeymoon and they made it really super-giving us a complimentary bottle of champagne and sprinkling flower pedals and making up our bed in a special way. Good location as well-V & A Waterfront Shopping was walking distance away or if you don't want to walk they provide hourly shuttle service. Great to be in this location, especially since we lost our bags and needed to shop. The waterfront has everything you need high end shopping to basics to clothes in tall sizes. Overall, great accommodation! Storm, Sadikit and other staff were very helpful! Definitely recommend. One of the best hotels we have stayed at in the World!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in December, we both were thought it was a excellent hotel and hopefully will be staying here in future.

Rooms were large, good kitchen facilities, large bathroom with lots of storage space.

Location was a 10 minutes’ walk to the VA

Hotel staff could not have been more helpfully especially locating my baggage which had been lost by the airline, this service continued even when we had left the hotel and moved on to Stellenbosch and Camps Bay, Thank you so much Cape Royal Staff!

Really hope to stay here during our next visit to the wonderful South Africa.

1  Thank Scottish_JT
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This Hotel is one of the best I have been too! The service, the staff and the food!! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! Johann Du Plessis and his team are of a world class standing and I can see and understand why this is rated of such a high standing!

Will and most definately do reccommend this legendary Hotel - I have worked with them in the past and they have been an absolute pleasure to work with. I have always suggested them to overseas friends, family and colleagues.

Thank you for all of your OUTSTANDING SERVICE, FRIENDLY SMILES and WORLD CLASS ATTITUDE!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed for a week at the Cape Royale and we had a wonderful experience. The location was excellent and Morne the concierge was extremely helpful with bookings and reservations.
Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Fantastic hotel.
Problems checking in but over all the place was excellent.
The rooms were massive and has a kitchen with a coffee machine too.
The bathrooms were clean and the location was perfect.
What else do I need?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Having lived in the UK for the past 18 years we have travelled extensively staying in some of the best hotels in the world. When we booked to come to South Africa to spend Christmas with my elderly parents I booked a stay of 3 nights - 4th January to 7th January 2014 - to celebrate our holiday with my parents and to end the holiday on a high. Having stayed in hotels in SA before I did not hold out much hope for a fabulous stay - how wrong!!!! From my booking and the help of Tamaro to make the stay special, our checkin with Martin and meals in the restaurant / in room dining with waiters like Moses and Divine, I could not fault this hotel on anything! The suite was beautiful! The towels were lovely fat ones not thin scratchy ones! Decent and clean bedding ......!! The food in the restaurant was exceptional! I can never have a steak anywhere in the world again without comparing it to the Cape Royale. We booked this hotel for a special occasion, Mom turned 85, parents celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary, my husband had a birthday on the 30th December and mine is on the 12th January, so this was a very special stay! May I commend the Cape Royale - they were superb in every way and I cannot thank them enough for the care and dedication in making this a fabulous break and we did indeed end the holiday and an incredible high!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family