1,609 results
All reviews lord and lady bedroom suite luxury hotel washer dryer rooftop bar full kitchen travel desk green point beautiful hotel coffee machine living area shuttle service our honeymoon self catering breakfast was included waterfront area four nights
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was a guest at Cape Royale Hotel between 11th – 16th January. Although the first four days were okay, on the last night of my stay something TERRIBLE happened. I had spent the whole day at the beach and when I returned to the hotel I realized that all the money that I had (approximately USD 1.200) had been stolen from inside my luggage which I had locked. The hotel management was not helpful in solving my problem and even disencouraged me going to the police saying that the police could keep me in the city for maybe 5-10 days to do the investigation (and I was with no more money after the terrible event). Later I found in the internet other cases of robbery a the same hotel happening at the last day of people´s stays, and the management of the hotel confirmed that this kind of thing has happened some times before. I don´t recommend this hotel to anybody.

6  Thank Nuria Q
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to emphasis that we consider incidents like this in a very serious light. You have received regular contact from the hotel. The management team immediately assisted with a full investigation as soon as the incident was reported. The money was not locked securely in the safe provided in the suite nor was any monies handed in for safe keeping while you were out for the day. Regrettably on this occasion there is no evidence to prove that there was any money locked in a bag in suite and therefore we cannot be held accountable for any theft.

We have offered assistance with the police, please do let us know if you require assistance with anything further from the hotel team.

Regards

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Staying in a hotel for 6 nights in a Superior Two-Bedroom Suite. Hotel has a very good location, walking distance to a Waterfront. Rooms are spacious and clean. There's a great bar and pool with sea water on a roof . Staff is very friendly and polite everywhere. Restaurant in the hotel is average in comparison with others nearby. The cause I put 3 out of 5 stars is that we've got sour fruits at breakfast once... I suppose that it's unacceptable under no circumstances for 5 star hotel especially taking into account the price for full breakfast about 18 USD per person that is very expensive for SAR...

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your feedback both positive and constructive. I do apologise that we let you down at breakfast. Rest assured we have fully investigate the incident and can assure you there will not be a repeat.

If you are back in Cape Town, please do contact me directly and I will ensure you are very well looked after. My email address is: terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2014

From the royal red carpet to the entry announcement of my arrival at the top of the lobby steps greeted with applause from all below, I was literally swept off my feet. Pro-active personnel made my stay even better with polite attention to my needs. The suite was spacious and comfortable. The location was within walking distance of the VA Waterfront. Everything else was within easy reach by taxi. They arranged for a private tour of the Cape down to the Cape of Good Hope that catered especially to my photographic desires, stopping at beautiful photo-op views by the very informative guide. Altogether, they helped make Cape Town memorable.

Room Tip: All the suites are excellent and the corner suites are large & sunny. Free high speed Wi-Fi is available in all rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bleazer

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for you feedback and for taking the time to share it here on Trip Advisor. Your comments are warmly received by all of the team here at Cape Royale. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay.

I hope you had a great holiday in SA and that your journey home was pleasant and safe.

Royal Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is my second trip to cape town in two months, and I absolutely love cape town and its people. This time we chose to stay at the cape royale as we were 4 people in total (3 adults and a little baby) and we needed a hotel that had bigger rooms as well as attached facilities for us to cater to the little one. We stayed in a two bedroom villa with attached kitchen and living area, and this was really spacious and airy, allowing our little one ample space to play in. But my best experience was with the staff of the hotel, especially the afternoon duty manger sedick achmat, who was simply the best. He made us feel completely welcome throughout our stay and knew us by name. He helped us with numerous suggestions and arrangements on where to eat, hotel transfers, as well as some documents which we needed to print and send off.. all this whilst sharing little nuggets of life in cape town, allowing us greater insight into life in this beautiful city. A big thanks to sedick who only made us love cape town and its people more. We also had a great experience with the staff of the restaurant, who were all so friendly and helpful with our little one. Great hotel with a good location close to the V&A waterfront...but best of all, fantastic staff!

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Cape Royale here on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your positive comments, especially relating to our service and about Sedick. Please be assured this has been shared with all of our team.
It is great to receive such positive feedback. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back if you are travelling to Cape Town again in the future.

Royal Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is lovely looking and clean; the suite was very nice and the staff friendly. The service itself, however, was not actually that good. Before getting through the lobby, you can literally be asked three or four times if you need help with your itinerary, directions etc...Being polite and calling us madame and sir is not the definition of good service. It boarded on intrusive, not helpful. Restaurant service was inconsistent and a bit sloppy (spilling wine, not bringing a spoon when cereal was ordered, dirty menu). Steaks were very good. Breakfast buffet unimpressive. Laundry was returned, by ringing the bell, at 11:00 pm.

Having a pool was very nice and using it on weekdays was ok. On the weekends, it was overcrowded and not at all relaxing.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the mountains and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple