1,608 results
All reviewslord and ladybedroom suiteluxury hotelwasher dryerrooftop barfull kitchentravel deskgreen pointbeautiful hotelliving areashuttle serviceour honeymoonself cateringbreakfast was includedwaterfront areafour nightstable mountain
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Our family stayed here for 8 nights in January 2014. The accommodation was spacious, well finished, clean and met all our requirements. The service was of a very high standard with the staff and management being attentive and responsive to our needs. A couple of special mentions:
- I accidentally left a significant amount of money in my pants pocket that was sent to the laundry for cleaning one morning - that afternoon when we were coming back into the hotel the manager immediately pulled me aside (by name) and mentioned that the laundry staff had found the money in my pocket and it was being held by security to be returned to us.
- Our breakfasts every morning were made that much more pleasant by our attentive and friendly waitress Grace. She provided us with daily weather forecasts, ideas for places to visit and even arranged a small birthday treat for our daughter.
Two points for improvement
- the pool - which is on the smaller side for a hotel of this size and also open to the public with a sky bar so not overly family friendly.
- the beds in the main bedroom are comfortable but only of queen size. For a room and hotel of such quality there should be an option for a king size bed.
We would be happy to stay here again and hope to do so at some stage.

Room Tip: May ask for a room not facing the main road as people we were travelling with said at times this was noisy. The view from there was good however.
1  Thank Eben-Family
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest and family,

Thank you for this great review and for sharing your feedback here on Trip advisor. I am so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us at Cape Royale. I hope the rest of your holiday was just as great.

I do hope if you are back in this part of the world, we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again for another great stay.

Once again many thanks and wishing you a safe journey home to Australia.

Royal Regards

Terri Jabaar & The team at Cape Royale.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Well organised luxury transfer from airport to hotel.
We slept in a standard suite which was huge and super clean.
We felt like royalties the gong by announcement of our arrival was a bit over the top.
Great concierge who organised for us the Great White Shark cage dive which was absolutely recommendable and a highlight!!
The roof top bar was pretty spectacular. Cocktails and sushi platters were not too expensive at all. Great service, definitely a place to be. Watch out for celebrities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie K

Dear Royal Guest,

What an amazing review you have given us, thank you kindly for this and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. I do hope that the rest of your holiday was just as Great.

Wishing you a safe journey back home to Australia.

Terri Jabaar & the team at Cape Royale

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was a guest at Cape Royale Hotel between 11th – 16th January. Although the first four days were okay, on the last night of my stay something TERRIBLE happened. I had spent the whole day at the beach and when I returned to the hotel I realized that all the money that I had (approximately USD 1.200) had been stolen from inside my luggage which I had locked. The hotel management was not helpful in solving my problem and even disencouraged me going to the police saying that the police could keep me in the city for maybe 5-10 days to do the investigation (and I was with no more money after the terrible event). Later I found in the internet other cases of robbery a the same hotel happening at the last day of people´s stays, and the management of the hotel confirmed that this kind of thing has happened some times before. I don´t recommend this hotel to anybody.

6  Thank Nuria Q

Dear Guest,

I would like to emphasis that we consider incidents like this in a very serious light. You have received regular contact from the hotel. The management team immediately assisted with a full investigation as soon as the incident was reported. The money was not locked securely in the safe provided in the suite nor was any monies handed in for safe keeping while you were out for the day. Regrettably on this occasion there is no evidence to prove that there was any money locked in a bag in suite and therefore we cannot be held accountable for any theft.

We have offered assistance with the police, please do let us know if you require assistance with anything further from the hotel team.

Regards

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Staying in a hotel for 6 nights in a Superior Two-Bedroom Suite. Hotel has a very good location, walking distance to a Waterfront. Rooms are spacious and clean. There's a great bar and pool with sea water on a roof . Staff is very friendly and polite everywhere. Restaurant in the hotel is average in comparison with others nearby. The cause I put 3 out of 5 stars is that we've got sour fruits at breakfast once... I suppose that it's unacceptable under no circumstances for 5 star hotel especially taking into account the price for full breakfast about 18 USD per person that is very expensive for SAR...

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your feedback both positive and constructive. I do apologise that we let you down at breakfast. Rest assured we have fully investigate the incident and can assure you there will not be a repeat.

If you are back in Cape Town, please do contact me directly and I will ensure you are very well looked after. My email address is: terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2014

From the royal red carpet to the entry announcement of my arrival at the top of the lobby steps greeted with applause from all below, I was literally swept off my feet. Pro-active personnel made my stay even better with polite attention to my needs. The suite was spacious and comfortable. The location was within walking distance of the VA Waterfront. Everything else was within easy reach by taxi. They arranged for a private tour of the Cape down to the Cape of Good Hope that catered especially to my photographic desires, stopping at beautiful photo-op views by the very informative guide. Altogether, they helped make Cape Town memorable.

Room Tip: All the suites are excellent and the corner suites are large & sunny. Free high speed Wi-Fi is available in all rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bleazer

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for you feedback and for taking the time to share it here on Trip Advisor. Your comments are warmly received by all of the team here at Cape Royale. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay.

I hope you had a great holiday in SA and that your journey home was pleasant and safe.