1,608 results
All reviewslord and ladybedroom suiteluxury hotelwasher dryerrooftop barfull kitchentravel deskgreen pointbeautiful hotelliving areashuttle serviceour honeymoonself cateringbreakfast was includedwaterfront areafour nightstable mountain
Reviewed 26 January 2014

we spent 1 night there before our transfer to our safari
the Hotel is beautiful staff wonderful and don't worry about not being on the waterfront we got the Royale treatment, dropped off and picked up in a Jag

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you kindly for this review and for your positive feedback.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope we will see you again soon,

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2014

From the moment we walked in on the red carpet, we were greeted by a gong, formal name announcement and applause we knew this was a special place...although a somewhat embarrasing entrance for my shy kids!

The 2 bedroom suite with fully stocked kitchen, spacious lounge and dining area overlooking the greenpoint stadium and prime location near the V and A, Seapoint, Table Mountain, Camps Bay and city makes this an ideal luxurious family residence.

The added touch of sunblock, cold bottle water and fresh towel for your morning jog or stroll through greenpoint park was welcome. The friendly staff, efficient valet service and knowledgable concierge are to be commended. The security was top drawer as they kindly kept my wife's cellphone in safekeeping when she'd inadvertently forgotten it in the room and a safe is provided.

A couple points of improvement would be the odd blown light bulb and the lack of a headboard in the master bedroom was just too minimalistic for my liking. I would recommend a relaxing moment at the sky bar, which could have been better marked as we struggled to find it, and the ice cream at Gelato Mania just next door.

All in all, a memorable first stay in a memorable city which I never seem to get tired of.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and such positive comments about our hotel, staff and service. It is great to receive such positive feedback here on Trip Advisor. Thank you also for sharing your constructive comments, we will certainly investigate.

Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Our family stayed here for 8 nights in January 2014. The accommodation was spacious, well finished, clean and met all our requirements. The service was of a very high standard with the staff and management being attentive and responsive to our needs. A couple of special mentions:
- I accidentally left a significant amount of money in my pants pocket that was sent to the laundry for cleaning one morning - that afternoon when we were coming back into the hotel the manager immediately pulled me aside (by name) and mentioned that the laundry staff had found the money in my pocket and it was being held by security to be returned to us.
- Our breakfasts every morning were made that much more pleasant by our attentive and friendly waitress Grace. She provided us with daily weather forecasts, ideas for places to visit and even arranged a small birthday treat for our daughter.
Two points for improvement
- the pool - which is on the smaller side for a hotel of this size and also open to the public with a sky bar so not overly family friendly.
- the beds in the main bedroom are comfortable but only of queen size. For a room and hotel of such quality there should be an option for a king size bed.
We would be happy to stay here again and hope to do so at some stage.

Room Tip: May ask for a room not facing the main road as people we were travelling with said at times this was noisy. The view from there was good however.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eben-Family

Dear Royal Guest and family,

Thank you for this great review and for sharing your feedback here on Trip advisor. I am so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us at Cape Royale. I hope the rest of your holiday was just as great.

I do hope if you are back in this part of the world, we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again for another great stay.

Once again many thanks and wishing you a safe journey home to Australia.

Royal Regards

Terri Jabaar & The team at Cape Royale.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Well organised luxury transfer from airport to hotel.
We slept in a standard suite which was huge and super clean.
We felt like royalties the gong by announcement of our arrival was a bit over the top.
Great concierge who organised for us the Great White Shark cage dive which was absolutely recommendable and a highlight!!
The roof top bar was pretty spectacular. Cocktails and sushi platters were not too expensive at all. Great service, definitely a place to be. Watch out for celebrities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie K

Dear Royal Guest,

What an amazing review you have given us, thank you kindly for this and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. I do hope that the rest of your holiday was just as Great.

Wishing you a safe journey back home to Australia.

Terri Jabaar & the team at Cape Royale

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was a guest at Cape Royale Hotel between 11th – 16th January. Although the first four days were okay, on the last night of my stay something TERRIBLE happened. I had spent the whole day at the beach and when I returned to the hotel I realized that all the money that I had (approximately USD 1.200) had been stolen from inside my luggage which I had locked. The hotel management was not helpful in solving my problem and even disencouraged me going to the police saying that the police could keep me in the city for maybe 5-10 days to do the investigation (and I was with no more money after the terrible event). Later I found in the internet other cases of robbery a the same hotel happening at the last day of people´s stays, and the management of the hotel confirmed that this kind of thing has happened some times before. I don´t recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Nuria Q

Dear Guest,

I would like to emphasis that we consider incidents like this in a very serious light. You have received regular contact from the hotel. The management team immediately assisted with a full investigation as soon as the incident was reported. The money was not locked securely in the safe provided in the suite nor was any monies handed in for safe keeping while you were out for the day. Regrettably on this occasion there is no evidence to prove that there was any money locked in a bag in suite and therefore we cannot be held accountable for any theft.

We have offered assistance with the police, please do let us know if you require assistance with anything further from the hotel team.

Regards