1,609 results
All reviews lord and lady bedroom suite luxury hotel washer dryer rooftop bar full kitchen travel desk green point beautiful hotel coffee machine living area shuttle service our honeymoon self catering breakfast was included waterfront area four nights
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in the cape from jan 22nd to the 25th, my husbands I phone was stolen from the luggage room, staff did not care and were not interested , security manager a snotty arrogant man!!! The manager Terri Jabarr should b ashamed to call him self a manager, a horrible hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
7  Thank Dee2010Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here last week and it was my first visit to SA. Like many others first timers, I am particularly cautious about safety in general. We originally picked Victoria & Alfred Hotel by the Harbour but end up over-budget and choose Cape Royale, which I must say am very happy with the decision.

OVERALL:
- Huge rooms
- Walking distance to V&A Harbour
- Food & shops next door
- Welcome bell at arrival (wasn't very enthusiastic/dramatic, in fact a welcome drink instead will be more practical)

SAFETY:
Having read previous reviews, I found some had mentioned money was stolen from their bags and safe. Fortunately, that did not happen to us during our short stay.
- We did not use the safe in the room
- We locked our luggage even if we are away from the room for 5mins
- We even told the concierge that we did not need room service (because we only doing 2 night short stay)
- Location is great. 5-10min walk to V&A Harbor, just one straight road ahead with many tourist walking along.

ROOM (2 bedroom suite):
- Spacious, nice & clean. Did not look run-down as some reviews mentioned. But then again, room to room may vary.
- Bathroom: shower pressure was good. Water temp was hot (not warm at best)
- Sound proof: Great. Did not hear whats going on outside / next door.
- Internet: In room wifi, speed n connection good.
- Transport: Walking distance to V&A. Otherwise taxis at the door. Shutter to airport cost 300 rands, approx 25min without traffic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this great review and for your detailed feedback. We, the team at Cape Royale are also glad you chose to stay with us. I hope the you had a wonderful time in South Africa and a safe journey home. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future should the opportunity arise.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights last November on the last leg of our Garden Route experience,and it was the perfect end to our holiday.
The staff cannot do enough for you,from the minute you arrive,and are introduced to the reception as 'Lord and Lady' :-) to when you are escorted to your car on departure,lovely.
The room we had was lovely,a 1 bedroom apartment,very spacious with a kitchen,dining area,seating area,2 flat screen tvs and a fabulous bathroom.
We did venture up to the sky bar,but it was too chilly to stay so we went down to the hotel restauant'1800 degrees' were we had a beautiful meal,reasonably priced,we had been to the waterfront the night before to 'Belthazars' but I thought the hotel food was much better and the staff are allowed to talk to you!!(note to Belthazars,but that's another forum:-) ).
I would defenatly recommend this hotel and I hope to stay here again.

p.s there is a shuttle service to take you and collect you from the waterfront,you just ask waitress to ring hotel to collect you and its there 10 mins later,perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigdunc09

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this fantastic review and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor.
I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you especially for you comments regarding 1800. I hope on your next visit you will have the opportunity to enjoy the lovely SkyBar, until then, keep well.

Thanks for your support.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

we spent 1 night there before our transfer to our safari
the Hotel is beautiful staff wonderful and don't worry about not being on the waterfront we got the Royale treatment, dropped off and picked up in a Jag

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you kindly for this review and for your positive feedback.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope we will see you again soon,

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2014

From the moment we walked in on the red carpet, we were greeted by a gong, formal name announcement and applause we knew this was a special place...although a somewhat embarrasing entrance for my shy kids!

The 2 bedroom suite with fully stocked kitchen, spacious lounge and dining area overlooking the greenpoint stadium and prime location near the V and A, Seapoint, Table Mountain, Camps Bay and city makes this an ideal luxurious family residence.

The added touch of sunblock, cold bottle water and fresh towel for your morning jog or stroll through greenpoint park was welcome. The friendly staff, efficient valet service and knowledgable concierge are to be commended. The security was top drawer as they kindly kept my wife's cellphone in safekeeping when she'd inadvertently forgotten it in the room and a safe is provided.

A couple points of improvement would be the odd blown light bulb and the lack of a headboard in the master bedroom was just too minimalistic for my liking. I would recommend a relaxing moment at the sky bar, which could have been better marked as we struggled to find it, and the ice cream at Gelato Mania just next door.

All in all, a memorable first stay in a memorable city which I never seem to get tired of.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and such positive comments about our hotel, staff and service. It is great to receive such positive feedback here on Trip Advisor. Thank you also for sharing your constructive comments, we will certainly investigate.

Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back.