The Cape Royale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Zest Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Excellent 5/5
Protea Hotel Cape Town Cape Castle(Cape Town Central)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
Great 4.5/5
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Dysart Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Excellent 5/5
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
Very Good 4/5
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,584 results
All reviewslord and ladybedroom suiteluxury hotelwasher dryerrooftop barfull kitchentravel deskfantastic hotelliving areagreen pointshuttle serviceour honeymoonself cateringwaterfront areafour nightsfree shuttletable mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

After reading several reviews regarding theft and bad service, I was hesitate about proceeding with my reservation at the Cape Royale. However, I was very happy we decided to stay. This was my first time in Cape Town and I was very pleased with staff, starting with Mustafa, our Butler who greeted us warmly upon arrival. He even had a small surprise waiting in my hotel room since we were in South Africa celebrating my 40th birthday.
I requested a quiet room and we received a small room without a view but it was very quiet and we were not disturbed. I used the spa for a quick mani/pedi and Cynthia did a great job. When I made my reservation I made a request for the swedish massage. This was a special online price, different than the spa. There was some confusion at first, but when the General Manager Thomas Van Bochove stepped in, he immediately was able to get it resolved. He was very attentive and personable and made our stay easy. It was a pleasure being a guest at the Cape Royale. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in the cape from jan 22nd to the 25th, my husbands I phone was stolen from the luggage room, staff did not care and were not interested , security manager a snotty arrogant man!!! The manager Terri Jabarr should b ashamed to call him self a manager, a horrible hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
7  Thank Dee2010Ireland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here last week and it was my first visit to SA. Like many others first timers, I am particularly cautious about safety in general. We originally picked Victoria & Alfred Hotel by the Harbour but end up over-budget and choose Cape Royale, which I must say am very happy with the decision.

OVERALL:
- Huge rooms
- Walking distance to V&A Harbour
- Food & shops next door
- Welcome bell at arrival (wasn't very enthusiastic/dramatic, in fact a welcome drink instead will be more practical)

SAFETY:
Having read previous reviews, I found some had mentioned money was stolen from their bags and safe. Fortunately, that did not happen to us during our short stay.
- We did not use the safe in the room
- We locked our luggage even if we are away from the room for 5mins
- We even told the concierge that we did not need room service (because we only doing 2 night short stay)
- Location is great. 5-10min walk to V&A Harbor, just one straight road ahead with many tourist walking along.

ROOM (2 bedroom suite):
- Spacious, nice & clean. Did not look run-down as some reviews mentioned. But then again, room to room may vary.
- Bathroom: shower pressure was good. Water temp was hot (not warm at best)
- Sound proof: Great. Did not hear whats going on outside / next door.
- Internet: In room wifi, speed n connection good.
- Transport: Walking distance to V&A. Otherwise taxis at the door. Shutter to airport cost 300 rands, approx 25min without traffic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this great review and for your detailed feedback. We, the team at Cape Royale are also glad you chose to stay with us. I hope the you had a wonderful time in South Africa and a safe journey home. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future should the opportunity arise.

Royal Regards

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights last November on the last leg of our Garden Route experience,and it was the perfect end to our holiday.
The staff cannot do enough for you,from the minute you arrive,and are introduced to the reception as 'Lord and Lady' :-) to when you are escorted to your car on departure,lovely.
The room we had was lovely,a 1 bedroom apartment,very spacious with a kitchen,dining area,seating area,2 flat screen tvs and a fabulous bathroom.
We did venture up to the sky bar,but it was too chilly to stay so we went down to the hotel restauant'1800 degrees' were we had a beautiful meal,reasonably priced,we had been to the waterfront the night before to 'Belthazars' but I thought the hotel food was much better and the staff are allowed to talk to you!!(note to Belthazars,but that's another forum:-) ).
I would defenatly recommend this hotel and I hope to stay here again.

p.s there is a shuttle service to take you and collect you from the waterfront,you just ask waitress to ring hotel to collect you and its there 10 mins later,perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigdunc09

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this fantastic review and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor.
I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you especially for you comments regarding 1800. I hope on your next visit you will have the opportunity to enjoy the lovely SkyBar, until then, keep well.

Thanks for your support.

Royal Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014

we spent 1 night there before our transfer to our safari
the Hotel is beautiful staff wonderful and don't worry about not being on the waterfront we got the Royale treatment, dropped off and picked up in a Jag

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you kindly for this review and for your positive feedback.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope we will see you again soon,

Kindest Regards