“Disappointing”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #45 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 10 February 2014

While the hotel is welcoming and I didn't have a problem with the rooms, I was very disappointed that my husband and I were not allowed access to the Sky Bar and Pool area with its advertised "Panoramic Views over the city and Atlantic Ocean", as it was booked for a private function. We were not even allowed there to take a few snap shots. This feature was the "only" reason my husband and I booked our last night of a two week trip at the hotel and we were short changed. I have no interest in staying at a hotel that does not permit its paying patrons to experience the facilities it advertises on its website and will not be staying here again. I would recommend anyone considering this hotel first contact them first to ascertain if a function could disrupt your stay. I cannot comment on the food either for supper or breakfast as we chose not to eat there.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,555)

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Would like to give an update. After my review about the lost postcards they did arrive about 2 weeks after that. So all in all about 5 or 6 weeks after giving them to the hotel. So I do thank them for eventually sending the cards

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the update. I am so pleased that you received your postcards.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. If you are planning on a trip to cape town please feel free to contact me directly at: terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Cape Royale for three nights. Hotel is lovely, our two bedroom suite was quite spacious. The staff was fantastic and extremely helpful. While the area in which it is located(Green Point) is quite busy, the hotel was very quiet. My only ding for it is that there were no electrical outlets in either bathroom. The master did have an outlet for electric shavers only. Had to dry hair in the bedroom where there lighting wasn't fantastic. Would we stay there again? Absolutely.

1  Thank retaxus

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you kindly for this fine review you have given us here on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you has such an enjoyable stay with us. I will certainly investigate the power point in the bathroom that you mentioned as it is standard to have this in all our bathrooms.

Thank you for your support and we absolutely look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in two Cape Royale seafacing suites.
The localization of the hotel, near the Waterfront, surrounded by good restaurants, is stupendous.
The personnel of the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Neverthless, in a 5 star hotel there are some things that can not occur. These problems mislead our avaliation.
The seafacing suites are very good but ours are not furnished properly. There are no pans in the kitchen. There's no ironing board. The dinner service is very scarce and they are in a shortage of eletric adapters.
In overall terms the cleaning of the suite is excellent, but in the day we arrived there are two dirty towels in the bathroom, disposed for our use.
We asked for a second key (a must-have when you're in a group) and they informed us that it will be not possible. But the worst was the reason they use to explain why it could not be accomplished. They said the former guest has lost the key! What about the security risks for new guests in a room which some of the keys are lost?
Another problem arises in the breakfast. The service is done by a third party restaurant and not all the items provided are included in the regular plan. After some days we realized that we were being charged by some itens we thought were complimentary.
To finish, at the check-out, we were charged by some taxi service we didn't ask for nor use. In the end, they didn't charge us, but we think these things can only occur in hotels with less stars.
So, the experience was good, but the whole crew must be aware that those problems affects the reputation of the hotel.

1  Thank Pedro D
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed there with my family for a week. It was a wonderful experience.
It's close to V & A Waterfront and it has an amazing view of the Green Point Stadium, specially at night.
The rooms are huge for a comfortable stay for you and your family. The breakfast is quite good and you can choose any hot dish, that they are already included in the full price.

Room Tip: Green Point view.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your feedback here on Trip Advisor and for your positive comments. I am pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with all of our team.

I do hope that the rest of your time in Cape Town was just as enjoyable and that your journey home was a safe and comfortable.

Once again thank you for your support.

Royal Regards

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Spa for 5 days in Jan 2014. The location of the hotel was fantastic, it was only a short walk to the V&A Waterfront and was surrounded by many bars and restaurants. So I give it a 5 out 5 for location. The accommodation was as its name indicates luxurious. The 2 bedrooms were huge with ensuites in both bedrooms, a full kitchen and a large living area. It was the perfect choice for a family traveling with 2 children as we were.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and I have to make special mention of the singing chef and his staff at the Bistro, they were amazingly friendly and we ended up spending a great evening with them. The door man James was always so pleasant and we looked forward to his welcoming smile. Thank you to all at Cape Royale for a memorable stay.

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this 'awesome' review :-). Thank you for your kind words about our service and staff, especially about Bevan our singing chef and James our friendly doorman.
Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with all of our team.

Feedback like you have given us is wonderful to receive and encourages us all to be the very best at all times. Once again, thank you for your support.

Royal Regards
Terri Jabaar and the team at Cape Royale.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

After reading several reviews regarding theft and bad service, I was hesitate about proceeding with my reservation at the Cape Royale. However, I was very happy we decided to stay. This was my first time in Cape Town and I was very pleased with staff, starting with Mustafa, our Butler who greeted us warmly upon arrival. He even had a small surprise waiting in my hotel room since we were in South Africa celebrating my 40th birthday.
I requested a quiet room and we received a small room without a view but it was very quiet and we were not disturbed. I used the spa for a quick mani/pedi and Cynthia did a great job. When I made my reservation I made a request for the swedish massage. This was a special online price, different than the spa. There was some confusion at first, but when the General Manager Thomas Van Bochove stepped in, he immediately was able to get it resolved. He was very attentive and personable and made our stay easy. It was a pleasure being a guest at the Cape Royale. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple