“Nice large suites”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
London
“Nice large suites”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at Cape Royale. The hotel is conveniently situated about 10 minutes walk from the wharf. The suites are large, modern and very pleasant. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast (not included) was a bit disappointing. Overall a great address in Cape Town.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing this on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I do appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast and will certainly investigate. Could you perhaps share a bit more information as to why it was disappointing. My email address is terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za. We do offer a full continental buffet breakfast and then an a la carte hot breakfast is made fresh to order.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and would like to resolve the breakfast issue for you.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very nicely appointed hotel, nice suite which was modern and very clean. Reasonable food without being outstanding and fantastic service staff who couldn't do enough for you. However, standing in line to check into a five star hotel is not acceptable. A fellow guest was told to wait 20/30 minutes before her suite was ready, I learned later the hotel was not full and she could have been offered an alternative. If you've just flown in you only want a shower and somewhere to drop your luggage. Other five stars would move you to your room later. Overall this hotel tries to project itself as five star, it's not but still I would use it again mainly because the staff were wonderful.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
1 Thank JohnEric2
Tehran, İran
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect near to every thing.
Hygiene and cleanness is average.
Service level is low.
Staff are friendly and polite.
Beds are extremely small and pillows are uncomfortable.
Internet is not free and expensive after limited complimentary is finished.
Expect a 4 star + quality on overall.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing this with us on Trip Advisor.
I must admit that I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and it would seem that our normal very high standards of service where not provided.
I would like to comment on a few points that you raised.

In reference to hygiene and cleanliness, we do pride ourselves in having very high standards of Hygiene and cleanness in our suites, public areas and outlets. I have not received any negative feedback on this. If you could kindly email me directly, I would like to retrieve the details of your reservation in order to investigate fully.

In reference to the service level, 'Service level is low'? Was this meant to be slow or low? I do find it difficult to comprehend that our service levels are low, especially if I consider the very high guest satisfaction score we currently have. If it was meant to be slow, please could I have the details of the area you refer to. Again, if you would kindly email me.

In reference to our beds, please be advised that our beds are either; Queen, Twin or King depending on the room type and requests and we do have a pillow menu which is sent to our guests prior to check in.

In reference to Internet. This service is complimentary and we have a voucher system in place for our guests wishing to use additional bandwidth. The price of this is minimal and rarely required as we do believe the complimentary offering is sufficient.

We do pride ourselves in providing a 5 star service in all aspects of our hotel. I do hope you will consider coming back to stay with us again and the points you raised, I will ensure are improved upon. My email address is: terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za

Kindest Regards

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is conveniently situated for easy access to the waterfront, city centre and main routes to the winelands. Along the same road there are some lovely restaurants and shops and it is across the road from the stadium. Although there is a busy road outside and limited parking, the valet parking service works well and adds to the convenience. The bathroom was lovely, but it would have been great to have had a bath as well as a shower. Our only gripe was the check in and check out service which was very slow with only one person doing check ins resulting in quite a long wait - we also didn't love the 'Royal' greeting on arrival - a kind thought, but cheesy.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this very positive feedback and for taking the time to share this publicly on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a great stay with us. I would like to apologise for the delay taken at check in and assure you that this is not the normal standard procedure.

If you would like to contact me directly, I will make a note on your profile for the team to not carry out the 'Royal Theme' for future reservations. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Washington DC
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in March, and really loved it. The room was beautiful - a one bedroom suite with a spacious kitchen/living area with a balcony. The bathroom was great and the bedroom was comfy (though didn't LOVE the split-mattress bed :) ).

The location is wonderful - it's about a 7-minute walk to the waterfront, and there's a handful of shops/restaurants directly surrounding the hotel. The staff was very kind and available. We had no complaints and would love to stay for longer in the future!

2 Thank Lindsey S
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review and for sharing your feedback publicly on Trip Advisor. It is so good to read such positive comments about our hotel, the service and our staff.

If you are coming back to Cape Town, please do contact me directly and I will ensure you are offered the very best rate available for a long stay.

Until then, keep well.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is the first five star hotel in Cape Town where I have felt relaxed and at ease but more importantly you are made to feel valued!!! You enter effortlessly past bellman that remember you to the foyer where the staff stop what they are doing to enquire about your day and are happy to see you. A special thank you to the Manageress Storm and her assistant Maritz they were highly effective in dealing with my itinerary and my room requests and even arranged a special surprise turndown on my last evening. Great Tapas & Cocktail menu in the hotels restaurant served personally by our host Thomas who catered to our every whim. A magical gem in the heart of Cape Town made even more magical by the gracious staff.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, front facing this will ensure a great view of the waterfront with the ocean as...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you kindly for this great review, especially for you comments relating to our service and our staff. In particular thank you for the feedback regarding Storm, Mauritz and Thomas, exceptional members of our management team. Thank you for your support.

Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with all of the team.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Cape Royale for 3 nights and were extremely impressed with the standard of this hotel. The rooms are very spacious, clean and well appointed, excellent breakfast and dinner in the restaurant, and very professional staff who show initiative to add that special touch (particular mention goes to one of the managers, Thomas!).
Being less than a 10 minute walk to the Waterfront, the Cape Royale was a perfect base for us, and staff go out of their way to assist with anything you need to ensure your stay is enjoyable. We would highly recommend this hotel and hope to get the opportunity to return soon.