The Cape Royale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Zest Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Protea Hotel Cape Town Cape Castle(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Dysart Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,584 results
All reviewslord and ladybedroom suiteluxury hotelwasher dryerrooftop barfull kitchentravel deskfantastic hotelliving areagreen pointshuttle serviceour honeymoonself cateringwaterfront areafour nightsfree shuttletable mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great location just behind Green Point stadium. Easy to find from the airport, easy to park and great service. We had a 2 room apartment was massive and very good value - much better than 2 rooms in a different hotel. The pool on the roof top, although small, was amazing when sunny, with a great view of Signal Hill. Very close to the Waterfront and all CT locations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this Perfect Review.
It is so good for all of the team to read such great positive comments. This motivates us to keep on being the very best and put smiles on our guests faces and creating exceptional experiences.

Thank you for your support and hope to see you again.
Safe Travels.

Royal Regards

Terri Jabaar
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

It was wonderful to be back in Cape town again and have the opportunity to go back and stay at the Cape Royale hotel. There were a few new faces who greeted us, so we were not sure if it would be as good as our last stay there. We had nothing to worry about as once again the staff were amazing and as helpful as ever! Managed to get a suite that was sea facing this time and could not get enough of the views. We had 2 fantastic dinners at the restaurant and loved all our choices.
Throughout our stay no request went unanswered and nothing was too much!

We cant wait to come back to Cape Town to stay in a superb hotel with true five star hospitality. Well done everybody at the Cape Royale! Ps, Also loved the rooftop skybar for an early evening drink!

Room Tip: Try to get a sea facing room, otherwise lap up the location and the superb service!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I recently stayed at the 'Luxurious' Cape Royale hotel for business. I am a single lady traveller, I travel the world for business, staying in 5 star hotels. I can honestly say this place was like home from home. The staff just 'get it'. Helpful, but not over the top. If I asked for something it was done straight away & us lady travelers can be demanding!!! I had read a couple of 'concerning reviews' about service, but maybe these guests got the hotel wrong! As this certainly was not my experience.
The suite was spacious, beds so comfy, I even had a choice of pillow & hangers to choose from prior to check in!! Breakfast was brilliant, tasty and hot breakfast freshly made to order. Great way to start any day! The Guest services staff and duty managers always greeted me in the reception, they enquired about my day, helped with transport, dinner plans and a few ideas for what to do at the wkend when I was off work. They suggested I had dinner in the bistro 1800, what a great suggestion, I think I dined 3 nights out of the 5 and had room service. Superb.

Overall, I really had a wonderful time, albeit for work. Thank you so much to all involved. I can't wait to come back, next time with my hubby and I have told all my family and friends that when in Cape Town, they must stay at CR.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had booked and confirmed a 3 bedroomed executive suite for our guests from Australia only to be informed that the room was not available. This was booked and confirmed in Jan 14. We were embarrassed and I took the opportunity to speak to the duty manager. He was rude aggressive and not interested. The hotel is overbooked was the answer we got?
Our room was in need of a good clean, the walls were marked, inside cupboards dirty/marked, carpets frayed . Shower has mould growing on it?
Breakfast - staff not trained properly, we were informed no Hot Oats, told them to go to Woolworths and buy oats, within 10 min we had hot oats. Orders never came complete, asked for marmalade and was given a small bowl with marmalade dumped in the bowl?
Security - we arrived at parking garage and gave a random number to the person on the other side of the intercom, door was opened and in we went, this went on for 4 days in and out.
Room doors - a normal key and the door has to be physically locked from in or outside, no security chain or peephole? Bed side tables are rickety and in need of replacement, 7 TV channels only. No open window in the bedroom - 718
Free wifi? this never worked in the 4 days we were at this place, I called a person to help me with the wifi and was told this is an on going problem, it does not work?
I would never recommend this place to anybody and will never set foot there again.
World Luxury Hotel Awards - they do not deserve to even be part of this organisation never mind nominated.
For those who rate this hotel as 5 star - where have you stayed before??
Never again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I have sent you an email which I do hope you will pick up. I would really like to try to make contact with you regarding your post here on Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us.
I being by offering my sincere apologies for the issues you have noted and for the poor management of how the situations where dealt with. This is certainly not our standard that we pride ourselves in nor is it how we would wish for our valued overseas guests to leave.

Our Rep in Australia (Lauren) has tried to make contact with you telephonically but your voicemail states you are still travelling. Please can you advise if you are still in South Africa and if you are coming back to Cape Town. I would really like to make amends for the issues you have noted. My email address is: terri.jabaar@caperoyale.co.za

I look forward to hearing from you.
Terri Jabaar
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We arrived quite early (only because our flight from Australia came in at 9am) and wanted to drop our bags off and freshen up as we knew we could not check in so early. I made the mistake of sending my elderly mother in who was treated like absolute dirt and told that there was nowhere to get changed. We found a nice door man by the name of Patrick who was quite helpful and showed us a small area where we could get changed but would have much rather had gone to the pool area where we could have had a shower after 24 hours of travelling.
Finally checked into our 2 bedroom apartment but only to find the 2nd door locked. We asked 4 TIMES for this door to be unlocked and in the end I nearly stormed down to reception to demand it be opened as my mother had fallen asleep on the couch. The man came but without the key to open the door. Seriously?? When the door was opened informed me that the reason it was locked because the toilet does not work so they needed to come back. We said no and that we would deal with one toilet (not that we should have had to). Then I needed to do some work but the internet was out. Yes that's right. A hotel of this quality with no internet so I was stuck needing to do some urgent business that I could not do. Luckily I was still on Australian time so woke up at 2.30am in the morning and managed to get it all done
While a number of people including the duty manager came to try and assist us the fact remains that all these things should not have happened in the first place if the hotel had their act together.
My personal opinion is that they spend far too much time trying to look important with their stupid top hat and tails and not time on making sure that things are good. I don't ask for much. All I want is a clean room, comfortable bed, TV and internet.

Room Tip: I would just avoid this hotel if you want to feel welcome
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TLee41

Dear Valued Guest and family,

I would like to try to make contact with you regarding your post here on Trip Advisor from your recent stay with us. I deeply apologise for the issues you have noted and for the fact that these issues where not addressed prior to your arrival at the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Terri