1,609 results
All reviews lord and lady bedroom suite luxury hotel washer dryer rooftop bar full kitchen travel desk green point beautiful hotel coffee machine living area shuttle service our honeymoon self catering breakfast was included waterfront area four nights
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Cape Royale. I can't say enough about how nice and helpful the staff was. A good example is that I needed an adapter and they were out of adapters, as a whole group came in and was using them all. So Stephen from the lobby went out and purchased another one for me to use. The hotel is in a good location, within walking distance to the waterfront and on a street with some good options such as a couple restaurants and a small store to purchase waters, snacks, etc.

The rooms are very large and well appointed. Down the hall from the bedroom is a living room with a kitchen and center island. The living room has nice window/french doors, with high ceilings and chandelier with chairs, TV and table. The kitchen was useful, not that I cooked, but for the fridge to store cold waters and some ice cream I purchased. There was also coffee/tea and rusks (biscotti type cookies) provided each morning. There was a washer/dryer which I used one day. The bedroom was very nice with a lot of storage space and large bed and pillows. I appreciated the nice robe and slippers provided. One of my favorite touches was the heated towel rack. They also left water bottles each night for me. There is free wifi provided. My room faced the side street with a view of the stadium. Others had mentioned street noise, but I didn't notice any at all. I really can't find any negative comments about this hotel.

The hotel has valet parking for no charge and also they show you where they keep the car in their garage. As others mentioned, there is a beautiful rooftop deck with small pool and bar.
I did dine at their restaurant 1800, one evening and it was delicious and so reasonable. I had a delicious butternut squash soup and filet mignon, both large portions with great service.

I also used the spa a few times. Their prices are very reasonable and I had a very good massage one day. I had a facial another day, but am not a big fan of them and since there was some confusion about the 90 minutes and their closing time, I was invited back for another day for a foot massage. I really enjoyed my hot stone massage and Connie was very good, and the massage was very reasonably priced.

I left the hotel thinking I would love to live there, as I heard they do have a small amount of residents. Cape Town and this hotel are both beautiful and I do hope to return. I especially want to thank Stephen and the other staff for their help and always greeting me with a warm smile.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for this lovely review and for your positive comments about our staff and service.
Especially your comments about Stephan and Connie. Please be assured that we have shared your feedback with all of the team.

I do hope if you are back in Cape Town we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Until then, keep well.

Terri Jabaar & the team at Cape Royale.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Gem in cape town. Absolute finnesse!! From the moment you check in until you leave, cape royale and their staff are careful at every detail of the stay. Highly recommended!! Rooms are enormous, and service spick and span!

• Stayed: May 2014
TerriJabaar, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for this AWESOME review. This is such great feedback of our team, service and hotel. We really do appreciate your positive comments.

Terri Jabaar & team

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel is located near ( 5 min walking) to Waterfront ( restaurants, shops). Stuff was very helpfull. Rooms are ok ( the first one was a little bit dirty but when they moved us room was clean and the cleaning servise worked hard every day). Breakfasts are very good but once we have it "included" and the second time we 100 per person, next 35 for the same...Steak restaurant is veerry good! Generaly, good value for good price. I would came back....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor.
It is great to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
My sincere apologies regarding the change of room and for any inconvenience this may have caused. I am concerned about your comments relating to the cleanliness of the 1st room and your comments relating to the breakfast charges. This is certainly not the normal standard we provide here at Cape Royale and I assure you it is receiving the highest attention in order to address.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Comfortable bed, exclusively design lobby and rooms. Nice pool and bar. Close to all attractions across the world cup stadium. James on the door has helped us a lot. Friendly staff and free wifi. Just ten minutes walk from Waterfront.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, especially about our staff and service and in particular your comments about James. It is very motivating for all the team to read your review.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

It was our first stop into Cape Town and stayed four nights with CR. Externally it looks great but beauty is skin deep. We had issues of brownish water coming out of the tub and needing to log in each time we accessed the WIFI. On the positive side the staff are friendly and accommodating enough but for it to truly host royals there is some refinement and tweaks to sort out for sure.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronald T

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I cannot say I entirely agree with your comments fully, however I assure you we have taken them onboard in a constructive manner and we will continue to strive to improve on our service and facilities.

My sincere apologies for the issue with the brown water in your suite. This has been addressed and is certainly not the norm. Please be advised that this was an isolated incident as each suite has its own Geyser and unfortunately there was an issue with the geyser in your suite. My apologies for the inconvenience this caused to you.

I do hope the rest of your travels in SA where wonderful.
Once again, thank you for your comments.

Kindest Regards