“Low Luxury”

Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
Ranked #41 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am currently staying at the Cape Royale, an advertised 5 star hotel with 2 star amenities. My "luxury" room has been without internet service or a phone in my room for 4 days. I have talked with several managers who insist that they will get back to me to address my concerns, which still has not happened. I was transported to the hotel in a unclean vehicle and have been unable to complete basic business needs. Although the staff is very friendly and positive, this does not compensate for a poorly managed environment.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Tan_Jones

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Cape Royale for 4 nights in June!

Pros:
1. Beautiful lobby and rooms, especially the ones with a water view
2. Close under to the V and A Waterfront (restaurants and shops) to walk. It took about 15 minutes at a stead pace. I highly recommend Baia and Meloncino's for good local food. The restaurant at the hotel was also good and reasonably priced but not a lot of selection at dinner. Breakfast was excellent.
3. The staff was AMAZING from top to bottom. They almost seem overstaffed with all the people willing to help.
4. Spa was nice, very well priced and I really enjoyed the Swedish Massage. The facial was just okay (didn't have the steamers or offer extractions)

Cons:
1. The washer/dryer was difficult to use, took 4 hours for one load, and leaked quite a bit of water.
2. They charged for local phone calls and extra bottles of water. They do give you 2 bottles of water per day but they are tiny.

Overall, we loved our stay at Cape Royale and highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BARNETTL1984
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed for 7 nights, the suite is big and beautiful. Great location, just 5-15 minutes away from most of the attractions, and just 20 minutes away from airport. The room services breakfast are fast and good. The chef of the 1800 Bistro tailor made a birthday dinner for me and my husband (of course for my two daughters as well). The staff are all so friendly and helpful, especially the guest relations manager who take care of us, Sedick. He is the best guest relations manager we have ever met though out the years we traveled. He made all our day trips well planned, booked us tables for dinner at many great restaurants. Attend to all our concerns and needs. We are so lucky to have him who made our first visit in South Africa so joyful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Natok64
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Your quest for finding a hotel in Cape Town is over! This is by far one of the best hotels me and my wife have stayed in. The "Standard Suit" is huge, it has a very spacious kitchen / living room. It's very clean and all the staff was great! It is near Table Mountain and V&A Waterfront (many shops and restaurants). We recommend that you use the fare and safe "Rikkis Taxi" (just Google it) while you stay in Cape Town - the train is not safe (believe me, we tried it) and taxis available in the streets will usually try to over charge you.

Room Tip: Standard Suite is huge!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julio P
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great hotel with very spacious suites, good restaurant and roof top terrace. We arrived early morning so no rooms were ready. We did wait a long time but I have to say it was worth it when we saw our suite. Management were very apologetic about the delay caused by the hotel being fully booked the previous night and most people staying until the last possible check out time. We were served complimentary coffee and cake whilst we waited for a room to become available.

Very comfortable king size bed and very large bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miles7000
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Royal Guest,

Thank you kindly for this fabulous review. Apologies again that we could not get you checked into your suite earlier than the normal check in time, we run at extremely high occupancies all the time. I am very pleased that you thought your suite was worth the wait and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Thanks for you support.

Royal Regards

Terri Jabaar

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We came here for a long weekend stay. Rooms are large and was upgraded so we had a kitchenette. Beds were twins and blankets were too short for bed! Beds also face interior window so there is Lot of room from the hallway with loud banging fire doors due to the wind. The staff is very helpful and the sky bar has a beautiful view. The location is great as the V and A waterfront is walking distance as are lots of restaurants. The room service food was inedible and pricey so I would not recommend the 1800 Bistro but there are cheaper more delicious restaurants nearby. Staff are attentive.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank NotEnoughHours

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, both your positive comments and the constructive feedback you have given us. Please be assured that we have checked the blankets and have investigated your comments regarding the Room Service order. My sincere apologies for the shortfalls noted as this is certainly not the high standard we aspire to provide at all times. I assure you the matters have been addressed.

Please do contact me directly should you be coming to Cape Town and I will ensure a marked improvement is noted.

Many Thanks
Terri Jabaar

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Secure and safe hotel in the most central location (main street), very close to waterfront for dinner and entertainment. Large, spacious suites that are very comfortable and excellent value.

The absolute highlight was the concierge - everyone that helped us were very kind, helpful and knowledgable, and we especially adored Sedick who was one of the most knowledgable, passionate concierge we have ever met. Upon hearing that we are heading to Garden Route, he gave us a sheet of the activities along garden route and estimated price that he put together - very useful! Thank you all very much.

One small suggestion - for laundry, hotel only sells a big pack of washing powder which was too much for us and difficult to carry. If you could sell the washing powders in individual packets, that'd be preferred.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Royal Guest,

Wow - what an awesome review. Thank you very much indeed.
Special thanks for your comments about our staff and service and in particular Sedick our Guest Services Manager. He is an asset to our team, extremely passionate about his job. I hope the tips Sedick gave you for the Garden Route proved a success and that the remainder of your holiday was just as amazing as your time spent with us.

I do hope you will contact us again soon should you be travelling in Cape Town. Until then....keep well.

Royal Regards