Looks very elegant from the street with the mountains behind it and it is better still inside! Take time to walk around the inside and view the drawings and pictures!
The desk service in signing in was painless, panic-less and as easy as "handing over your credit card for anything broken or abused". We, (there is 3 of us) had booked a self contained suite of 2 bedrooms, kitchen and everything else INCLUDING the dishwasher and washing/drying machine! Both bedrooms had en suites..was a large suite having it's own lounge are and 2 small Juliet balconies over looking the Harbor and stadium!! Could only hear a very small amount of bar music noise whilst lying in the comfy queen beds on the 4th floor...that is because I wanted to see if I could actually hear any street noise of the vehicles going past....not a worry in the world....it was Noddy-time...and I was off to sleep land!
Breakfast was included in our tariff which by the way the dining area is on the ground floor....the breakfast food and staff were never the same for the 5 days we were there having breakfast and at times the hot food was from quick to "out chasing the eggs from the fowl yard"....I've been told the restaurant at night is "just....that...JUST" in other words its JUST!!
The Cocktail room...on the roof is a leased out affair...I don't know what all the fuss was about the Cocktail Room cause it was very ordinary...matter of fact it was piss-poor we only had 1 drink there and then went back to our suite... I had a better time "catching a cold!" Forget it!
There is a Pub about 20 meters up the road..does a roaring trade in great pub food and beers as the pasta place about 4 doors up...one night we took take away and had it in our suite with some wine we bought...very civilized we were...except for the washing up!
Be warned if you want to wash your clothes in the washing and drying machine you will have to pay for powder (no biggie cause you get your monies worth) and a full cycle on the machine can take up to 2 hrs...great to set and go down to the Quay for the day.
The waterfront from this hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk..easy-peasy..as the Hotel has a shuttle service which I'm told is advisable to take after dark or 5pm!
The staff at the Hotel are very polite and helpful..always with the smiles and a "good morning, evening or good night"....
Would i recommend the Royale...yeppo and I'd go back again...and again....and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury 5-star hotel is located in central Green Point, just a 10-minute walk from Cape Town Stadium and the V&A Waterfront. It offers bright rooms with free capped Wi-Fi, a rooftop pool and gym. Cape Royale Luxury Hotel features spacious suites with a Juliet balcony and includes a well-equipped kitchen, large living and entertainment areas. All rooms have a flat-screen satellite TV, a CD and DVD Player. Guests of the luxury Cape Royale have a choice between 5 dining options including a pool bar offering views of Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain, as well as a modern gym featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment. Cape Royale's concierge can offer suggestions on local activities and can arrange a complimentary shuttle service that can transport guests within a 5 km radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cape Royale Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Royale Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Royale
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel Cape Town, South Africa