1,609 results
All reviews lord and lady bedroom suite luxury hotel washer dryer rooftop bar full kitchen travel desk green point beautiful hotel coffee machine living area shuttle service our honeymoon self catering breakfast was included waterfront area four nights
Reviewed 11 October 2017

1. Started out with the reservations lady lack of communication and poor service when making the booking.
2. Upon arrival, guest relations was lying slouched in his chair, earphones in his ears and did not acknowledge me when I walked in.
3. Receptionist greeted me (sitting down at his desk with his cell phone blaring ganster music from the speaker). Eventually he switched the phone off when he himself could not hear me talking to him.
4. All the "special requests" that the reservations lady asked me to complete (and which I re-confirmed all the special requests telephonically the day before travel), was not adhered to and no-one in the hotel was aware of them, despite the completed form, the follow up phonecall from my side the day before.
5. Requested that champagne glasses be sent up to the room - never arrived
6. One of the special requests for one of the birthday guests staying in the room was to have nuts, biltong with a birthday card put in the room prior arrival. This was not in the room but I was promised by reception that they would go and buy something and place it in the room as a surprise when we get back. When we returned to our hotel, I was handed a Pick and Pay packet at reception with a small bag of nuts and a small bag of biltong and a no-name brand small packet of chips to take up to my room myself.
7. I contacted the hotel the next day, who apologised and promised to get to bottom of the ordeal.
8. I received a call from the rooms divisions manager the next day, apologising and confirming that things were not supposed to be handled that way and assured me of a phone call from either himself of the manager. It has been a week now with no reply. Since then, each time I call, there is no-one available to take my call.
Worst experience ever. Do not ever send your guest to this hotel if you want to surprise your guests, or leave anything special in the room as there is absolutely no guarantee that it will get done, despite filling out forms and following up with phonecalls to ensure all will run smoothly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank steltjie1976
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel as part of our honeymoon. We had a two bedroomed suite which was fabulous, spotlessly clean with good quality bedding and towels. Had a fully equipped kitchen with coffee maker, and washing machine. The public areas were very good and there was a nice coffee shop for breakfast. However felt that the hotel lacked a proper restaurant for more formal dining and the only bar was the roof top pool terrace. The roof top terrace was nice but we found it hard to access, the door from the hotel into the bar was so difficult to open we thought it was locked and almost gave up. The staff were very polite and efficient but the whole place somehow lacked atmosphere and I feel it is more suited to the business traveller rather than as a romantic honeymoon hotel. We stayed at four different places as part of our honeymoon and the Cape Royale was only venue that didn't do anything to make our stay extra special.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Cape Royal Hotel
I’m going to start with the couple of problems we had here so we can then read the good things and forget these minor things.
1: On arrive and key exchange we were given the key to our room so up we went unlocked or door and to my surprise I saw a pair of shoes and socks there and then stepped into the room a found it occupied, apologised rushed back to desk and they quickly realised they had given us the wrong key they had mixed up the last two numbers on the correct floor they immediately apologised to us and the other occupants.
2: On arrival back to our rooms on another night we noticed no bottled water in our rooms that they supply so rang room service and they immediately came up with the water very good service, now they are the negatives as you see very minor.
On arrival the door staff collected our bags now this was 10 people very efficient, we were then moved to reception and 1/2hr later we had our 3 suites the lobby staff and reception were very friendly with big smiles asking us where we had just travelled from etc and showing us the lobby amenities.
Once we entered our suite we found it large, 2 bedrooms 2 on suites, kitchen with clothes dryer and washing machine nice lounge area espresso machine and very clean.
We had a couple of room issues that were not relevant so much to a problem room 1 was the tv we could not work a couple of things out so room service cam and helped us, the other was 1 of the toilets would sometimes keep running slowly and with their level 5 water restrictions I told the reception to help save the water it was fixed by the time we returned and they appreciated our gesture to save the water. I also love a hard pillow and the ones supplied are really soft so I contacted room service at 10pm and asked for a hard pillow and they delivered and it was hard and perfect!
Now as to the staff in general whenever we bumped into them around the hotel they were very polite. One of the reception staff was interested in our safari so when she was quiet I showed her some of our pictures and story which she was very interested in, then the next day she mentioned to me that she had conveyed our trip and the pictures to her family and they were very interested to now do a safari. (I will be doing my safari review soon)
The Cape Royal is located on Main rd with a number of very busy cafes and restaurants within a 10-minute walk in either direction and a 20 minute walk to V & A Waterfront or 30 zar taxi ride where there is a shopping mall and a lot more restaurants.
For breakfast we went to the café connected to the hotel the service and food were really nice and if you requested extras with your meal they would be added, the fresh fruit that was on the bar was always nice.
Summary:
This is only my opinion and what my experience was I notice some had bad experiences from reviews, I find all reviews good or bad should help make the management improve everyone’s experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful, modern, clean and spacious rooms very close to the V&A waterfront which is a great area that has lots of options for eating and shopping and also where you catch the hop on hop off bus which is a great way to get up to Table mountain and Camps bay easily. The gym here however is poor, only one treadmill, bike and limited weights in a small room, although we made due and it didn't affect our stay. There is a great coffee shop next door for mornings. The value is also great being technically in Greenpoint but within short walking distance of the waterfront area. Thank you to Byron who did our airport transfers and gave us a very warm welcome to the hotel. Being larger rooms, this hotel is well suited to a family getaway. We didn't experience the rooftop bar or pool although we went to check it out and it was small but lovely. Overall this hotel was excellent value and I can't wait to return to Capetown and the Cape Royale!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette H
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Beautiful hotel. We were picked up at the airport and transfered to the hotel and Could not fault anything was fet by a very nice man in top hat and tails. The suite was brilliant, very roomy with everything you would need. A 10 min walk to the V&A waterfront. Staff fantastic

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple