“Words cannot describe it”
Review of Royale Eatery

Royale Eatery
Ranked #22 of 1,173 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We visited Cape Town in Feb this year, and after several recommendations from friends, we decided to eat dinner here - there were a total of 5 people in our group.

I have tried many different burgers in many different places around the world, and can easily say these guys had the ABSOLUTE BEST ones. I had the traditional cheese burger with SWEET POTATO FRIES..... To DIE for.

Thanks for a great meal, and great cocktail jugs too!

There are newer reviews for Royale Eatery

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

They have the best burger sandwiches on earth, it's very juicy and saucy! I loved every bit of it, will definitely go there again and recommend it to everyone

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Passed this restaurant and was attracted by the cosy interior so decided to eat here. The menu looks great and consists of different chapters. They have burgers, pizzas, salades and drinks. I chose a mozzarella burger with salad and a mango and mint smoothie. It tasted really good! Service is nice as well.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We checked out Royale Eatery while on vacation in South Africa. It attracts a local hipster (mainly white) crowd along with some tourists like ourselves. My wife had an ostrich burger with beet relish, which is something we don't find back home. I had a more predictable (but excellent) cheeseburger. Fun place.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ate here for dinner with four girlfriends, a bit wary because I'm not the biggest fan of burgers. After last night, I would come back here for burgers multiple times a week if my budget and waist line would allow.

I ordered the Sweet Petunia, which was a beef burger with grilled mushrooms, rocket (arugula), and this heavenly mustard mayo concoction. I sincerely think it was the best burger I have ever had. The sweet potato fries were delicious, not burnt, crisp, and didn't feel greasy and unhealthy as they sometimes do. I used some of the leftover sauce from the burger to dip the fries into and it was simply divine. The portions were generous and the service fast.

I also ordered a shake, which ended up being a chocolate brownie (with real brownie pieces) and orange shake and was absolutely delicious. I tried my friend's avocado and mint shake which was delightful.

I would absolutely recommend this eatery, alone, with friends, for lunch or for dinner. The food is delicious, fresh, and quite generous, especially for the price. Dying to go back as I write this review, honestly. If only they had a TV to watch the World Cup while I ate, it would be perfect.

Well done, Cape Town.