AHA Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Daddy Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Strand Tower Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Southern Sun Cape Sun(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
StayEasy Cape Town City Bowl(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsluxury suiterooftop poolweather forecastinternational conference centrerooms are modernkey cardafter darktv channelstable mountainexcellent accommodationwalking distancewashing machineeasy accessbusiness triplong streetlate at nightstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I found this hotel to be very pleasant. The rooms are clean, fresh and a good size. The free wifi worked well which to my mind is always a bonus.
Slight gripe (which is a pet hate of mine) why oh why do hotels offer a decent breakfast but then give you possibly the world's smallest glass for orange juice. Come on guys its not that expensive and by having these tiny glasses you're coming over as cheapskates and its really annoying!
However, happy to recommend this place.
PS Anyone else of an issue with tiny juice glasses? Time for a campaign!

Room Tip: I was on the mountain view side which was good for the view but the road noise when you opened the shutters was pretty loud. However, when the shutters were closed it was not an issue
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

was in cape town for a conference, and was given a list of hotels by organizers. harbour bridge was on list, which I chose based on price and also reviews on trip advisor.
the hotel is quite clean and the rooms were lovely. I say lovely because it was clean, neat, spacious, equipped - and had a great view.

the staff was beyond helpful, to the point when I wanted to know where I can purchase an adapter they stopped me and gave me one free to use. Mercy, who is at the front desk, also helped me with some computer issues.
Internet is free if you use it for a short time and limited but relatively cheap if you want to upgrade to another package ( $3 I think)
On the last day, I needed to meet friends at the westin hotel which is 5 min walk, however alittle inconvenient when you have two suitcases. The hotel could have suggested I take a taxi- and pay 40 RAN, but they rather suggested they would help me carry the items there. I call that service!

yes, its situated a little out of the way, although RIGHT next to the Westin. You have to walk over a walkway, which seems alittle scary on your first day and at night. ( I opted to take a taxi at night and walked in the day) .

I also cheated alot as I enjoyed the amenties of the Westin , as they offer a free shuttle to the waterfront. i also ate at the Westin , as I didnt fully enjoy the food at the Harbour Bridge.
But compared to what my colleagues paid who did stay at the Westin-- I think I was the winner!

Room Tip: ask for the mountain view!!! you can see table mountain from your bed!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Friendly helpful staff. Room had all facilities you could ask for. Food in restaurant was good and special thanks to Lwando who was an excellent waiter. Cleanliness was excellent. A little way out but taxis are relatively inexpensive. Hop on hop off bus stops nearby as does a water taxi. Walkable in therapy time to the waterfront.

Room Tip: Got an excellent rate through booking.com
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Comparing their rate to those in the vicinity there is no doubt this hotel should be a luxury experience. But from the moment I arrived to the day of my departure, it was anything but.

I made my reservation and paid in advance for our 4 night stay on the American Express website. When we arrived, I was first told that my reservation was not in the system and that the reservation manager would not be back until Monday morning to be able to sort it out (it was Saturday). The inept staff was unable to come to any resolution and kept me in the lobby for over an hour. Any suggestions or ideas about moving forward came from me, I was forced to reach over the counter and 'assist' them in calling American Express, who verified my reservation. Continually, the front desk staff, 2/3 trainees, wouldn't accept that as an answer and I inevitably just gave them a carbon of my credit card as ransom just so I could get up to 'my' room. At the same time, I was told that they couldn't 'verify' that I had a rate including breakfast, so at least until Monday, I would have to pay for it. Also, I was told that effectively the reservation manager didn't check her email before leaving for the week. I have a tip for AHA group--- people vacation on weekends, you should have competent staff especially then. I asked the trainee who helped us with our bags to make sure the reservation manager got in touch with me and he/she should look into this breakfast thing, to make up for the 'confusion'. I was never contacted by anyone throughout my stay. To this day, I'm not sure that a 'reservation manager' is even employed by this hotel.

Once I finally arrived in my room, we noticed that is was stocked for 1 person. I'm not sure why any hotel, let alone a luxury one would put one of each towel in the bathroom, but I digress. Within short order it was stocked with 2 of everything. That was the last time that would happen. Every day for 3 days, our room was stocked with 1 of each towel and that complimentary bottle of water in the refrigerator was never replenished once gone. Also, on 3 separate occasions, the maid walked in on us, without bothering to even pause between knocking and letting herself in. At one point, my husband called the front desk to help us make reservations on the waterfront. They first asked us for the number, then claimed 'the call didn't go through' and we should try from our room. No wonder, because later they attempted to pad the bill with local calls the front desk made on our behalf, without any warning that this would be an additional charge. Isn't that 90% of the function of a luxury hotel concierge? The wifi was extremely limited bandwidth each day and even at that, they attempted to charge us for extra bandwidth that we didn't use. When my husband attempted to get fruitless assistance from the front desk with our shark diving reservation, they suggested that he book with a different company through them. It just so happens that we had researched all the big diving companies in the area and that one was the most expensive, on top of the fact that the hotel was building in a nice commission for themselves.

There are so many more anecdotes I could provide, but I think the point is clear. I was so aggravated with the hotel by day 2 that I completely avoided the front desk for fear that it would automatically raise my blood pressure on my otherwise exquisite vacation. The very last day, I checked out to find the bill was still unresolved and they attempted to charge me again for the hotel room. At that point I voiced my total displeasure with the experience listing at least 10 data points. Suddenly, the bill, with all the additional erroneous charges suddenly disappeared. I did fill out the survey and additionally, wrote at least 15 points on the back of the page, with the staff's encouragement. That said, I have not received any contact from anyone about this experience and for all I know, that survey landed in the garbage. As they say in the customer service business, 'you have your talkers and your walkers'. Walkers are normally the ones to be fearful of because they leave and tell everyone they know about the horrible experience, while the talkers give you as an establishment the opportunity to see the err in your ways and fix the situation. It seems AHA group thinks they are above good customer service practices, hence I have gone from 'talker' to 'walker' and I turn to tripadvisor as my speaking venue.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DaynaThomas
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Not a great hotel, poor staff and a bit too out of the way.
The rooms are great in this hotel, clean modern, comfy furniture and really nice bathroom. Its all open plan, but the toilet is in a separate room. There is a small salt water pool on the roof, but this also seems to be used by residents of an adjoining apartment block, so we found it was always busy and there aren’t enough sun loungers. There was no poolside drinks service either.
Location wise, it’s not great. The hotel is difficult to access from the main road, and even though the waterfront is a 10 minute walk, it’s not that safe. My husband and I had a close encounter with someone demanding money, which fortunately ended ok. I know this isn’t the hotels fault but it does mean that you need to take taxis to the waterfront as there is a stretch of road that you walk along that is pretty quiet apart from a petrol station.
Long street is also about a 10 minute walk, where there are plenty of places to eat and drink. Taxis are very cheap, but you will have to order one to come to the hotel as its not on a main road.
If you want to sleep in, you might be a bit disturbed by the noise from the dock that’s close by.
Our main issue with this hotel was that they failed to pass on a phone message from our shark diving tour company, to say that our pick up was at 9am rather than 7am. We sat in reception from 6:50am and at 7:15 asked the reception to call the Shark Diving company only to be told that a tour company had called the day before to say that pick up would be 2 hours later. We were so annoyed! The hotel did agree to knock some charges off our bill at check out to make up for this though.
I had a very comfortable stay here in this hotel as the rooms are so nice, but it’s just a pity about the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple