“Hands down the best hospitality I've encountered.”

Villa Zest Boutique Hotel
Ranked #22 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Finland
“Hands down the best hospitality I've encountered.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Villa Zest and was astonished at how exceptionally friendly the staff were. Their hospitality is what made the few days we stayed there most worth it. The room we stayed in was nicely decorated in modern furniture and was surprised to see an Eero Aarnio chair in the common area near the breakfast tables! The hotel has a comfy, homey feeling to it...and the location is wonderful - 10 minutes walk to V&A Waterfront and centrally located. Highly recommended to stay here if you're thinking of visiting Cape Town!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

7 days at this hotel in June. Wonderful service and excellent accommodations. If I have to say something not great is the location, which was a good walk from the convention center and the city center where I had to spend most of my time. Short drive by taxi, but I like to walk when traveling to other places. But, the hotel itself, great. I would come back or recommend without a question.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Carlos G
Somerset West, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Modern, spacious, clean and comfortable. Delicious breakfast, friendly welcoming staff. Highly recommended. Try not be on same level as dining room. Early morning kitchen prep did wake me earlier than hoped

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights in transit to our Safari. We had one of the larger rooms upstairs, I couldn't have been happier. The décor is very modern, room was totally clean with all supplies, including Hair Dryer. While the property was great, what really made this such an exceptional experience was the staff- thank you to them all, especially Gilbert for waking us up early and making sure we had a "take away" breakfast. All the ladies were fantastic, highest caliber. We had considered staying at a larger property and I'm glad we didn't, the location was very central to water front and restaurants, there were always Taxis for us within 5 minutes of calling. A+++ from a tough critic.

Room Tip: Opt for a larger room if possible. I don't believe they had a fitness center, but they have an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly and assisted by Michelle and Bianca.
Their warmth and kindness in advising us in great places to eat and chill out was very helpful in our settling in.
Breakfast is incredible and so were the lovely ladies serving and preparing it for us.
My only regret is how short our stay was:(

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jemimaJohannesburg
alr4444
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Villa Zest for 4 nights and had an absolutely fantastic experience. I had stayed there 5 years previously and it was every bit as great as I remember it. The location is an excellent to use as a base for exploring Cape Town as well as for walking a few blocks down the street to grab a nice dinner or glass of wine. And the staff make that extremely easy with their knowledgeable restaurant recommendations (they've eaten at all the great spots) and quickness to grab you a reservation or taxi if needed. Gilbert was working in the evenings during our stay and he couldn't have been more pleasant, professional or helpful. 't is a funky, boutique hotel that prioritizes the things I look for in a hotel room - comfy bed with luxury linens and a good shower. It isn't super fancy, but is a lot of fun. I can't recommend enough.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Small but perfectly formed in a great location, being walking distance to the town centre and the famous water front area. Helpful friendly staff gave great advice on both tours and restaurants and nothing was too much trouble to organize. I normally stay in big impersonal 4 star hotels for business and this made a pleasent change which I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo