“Chic B&B with the feel of a 5-star hotel”

Villa Zest Boutique Hotel
Ranked #31 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed 23 March 2010

One of the nicest places we've stayed at. The friendliness and "can do" attitude of the entire staff are unsurpassed. The rooms are oversized, nicely decorated, and extremely clean. Breakfast is a lavish affair, with fresh fruit, pastries and eggs to order. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was a great start to our vacation.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 March 2010

Having heard both good and bad news about South Africa I was bit wary of taking my partner on our first deserved holiday outside of Europe. After terrible delay due to snow, we finally arrived in the sunny country of South Africa.

We shocked at how organised the airport was and at not having lost ANY of our luggage. We were picked up on our time by our chaffeur and whisked off in style to Villa Zest.

The pictures and ratings of this cosy little hotel were great but WOW what a surprise! Such a warm welcome by Jean, Alex and their team - everything was just perfect. The room, the layout, the service; they were always one step ahead and expected our every need. And the breakfast! Only continental though, but always an interesting selection every day!

Everything was just perfect! Only bad side is having to ring doorbell if you accidentally forgot something in your room!

Definitely go here again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2010

A great little spot that is almost impossible to fault. A very friendly team from the reception staff to the ladies who prepare breakfast and make the rooms up. Nice and airy, great location, nice little pool and garden. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in Cape Town and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others. It's great to see a small hotel getting all the details right. They seem to have worked hard launching this place over the last year and a bit and their dedication shows.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Staff is very welcoming and helpful. As mentioned in the other reviews, the rooms were immaculate. I'm usually pretty hard to please when it comes to cleanliness -- this hotel beat all expectations.

The pool was a great place to unwind. Breakfast was filling and they arranged to have something for me early when I needed it. They will organize a light sandwich or snack for lunch, but the hotel doesn't have a restaurant. I was there six nights and didn't want to go out every night after work -- the staff were helpful in ordering something for me through a local delivery service. Otherwise, they recommended nearby restaurants that I could walk too.

If I could have changed my flight, I would have stayed longer. I didn't want to leave. I'll definitely stay there next time in Cape Town.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Two US couples spent 4 nights then returned for a fifth. Staff is highly enthusiastic and ready to assist. Small scale has a cozy feel. Rooms clean, efficient, well laid out.
Location away from high vehicle traffic but waterfront and shops 15 minute walk. Breakfast a treat.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2010

So first off, airport pick-up pick up was there on time and we were greeted with a smile. The drive to Villa Zest was great, no traffic jams and a very informative and knowledgeable driver.
No sooner had we arrived we were greeted by the Zest family as if we had just returned from a vacation. Our luggage was swiftly and carefully (expensive kitesurfing equipment) whisked away where we would later find it neatly installed into our pristine room. Prior to our arrival all communication had been with the manager Desire, punctual and informative, the way it should be. Kevin the owner was there to meet us when we arrived which I thought was a nice touch, it was Desire's day off.

My first impressions of the place were great, I'm a stickler for fine detail and finish and this place was up there! Kevin offered us a drink and we chilled out on the roof terrace for half an hour whilst we (mostly me!) downed a bottle of chilled champers. When it comes to knowledge Kevin has certainly done his homework, especially being that he's a non native.

Our room was everything we expected including the big plush bed that comfortably swallowed you up, brilliant. Once again everything spotless and finished beyond most guests expectations of a hotel room.
My partner and I stayed at the Villa Zest for 3 weeks and stayed in 3 different rooms. We were asked if we would like to change room as an upgrade, why not! We left the hotel in the morning for a days excursion and upon return the only difference was we were given a different key. The staff moved everything, item for item and placed as if we had always been in that room.

Now here's something that you don't expect. My partner got very ill on our holiday, in fact so ill she was admitted to hospital with pneumonia. The Zest family visited like they were family indeed, flowers, chocolates the works, now that's something you don't expect.

Our stay in SA was extended a little due to my partner not being fit to fly. For the remaining time at the hotel all the staff went above and beyond any call of duty to help take care of her.

I could ramble on forever but my suggestion is that you just go check out Villa Zest for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2010

very nice hotel, excellent design, I would recommend to everyone who seeks tailor-made and exclusive places

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple