“Best Poached Eggs in Cape Town, Sulky Service”
Review of Beleza

Beleza
Ranked #121 of 1,224 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Bowl
Description: #Fantastic #Delicious
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went to Beleza on Sunday morning with my sister. We ordered the Italian and Benedict breakfasts. Both were fantastic! The poached eggs of the Benedict was amazing, with a fantastic hollandaise sauce. The coffee and juice we ordered was good, too.

The service was really poor though. Sulky waitresses who took a long time to take the order, deliver the order and bring any additional orders. This is the only reason I'm not putting it up to Very Good.

It's very busy, especially on a Sunday morning, but I would definitely go again. Also, it has snapscan, which is a great way to pay for your food while your waitress is busy doing something else.

Also, they have a fireplace! Great for the Cape Town winter mornings.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

First spotted this in a book at the Trevoyan, "Where Chefs Like To Eat" and it was just around the corner. Our food was very tasty and served well and promptly. Nice wine and very reasonably priced. Some previous person gave this place an awful review , we loved it.

1  Thank wrason
Reviewed 3 May 2014

After struggling to find a good restaurant open on a Sunday night I stumbled across this one on TripAdvisor.

The Port Fillet was as good as all the reviews I had read. The waitresses were charming and most attentive. I really enjoy it when the chef comes out and greets you which makes the experience more personal.

The Dom Pedro ice-cream was not the best and had a little ice in it (a personal no no for me).

All in all good food, good atmosphere and great service.

1  Thank Justin T
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We ate for dinner the Lisbon Seafood Curry (it's hot and spicy) and a Chicken meal as a main dish. Everything was good, but the best thing there was the marvelous dessert: Portuguese Pancakes: sweet, yummy and for coming back. Nice atmosphere, kind people and easy going.

1  Thank Olaf S
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The steak here is supreme. I have never ever tasted a steak this good. When I return to South Africa I will return here for the steak. In the mean time I will dream about it.