The Dockhouse is a wonderful small hotel right by the V&A Waterfront. The rooms are large and very well appointed and we stayed in two adjoining rooms (with a connecting door) which, as we did, anyone with children would find a real bonus.
The staff, led by the lovely Kelly, are all fantastically friendly and helpful. Kelly gave us excellent recommendations for local restaurants and helped make advance bookings to various sights (a good idea).
The hotel has a small gym with modern equipment and a great view from the running machines! The spa was also excellent.
This is one of those rare hotels that we would recommend completely and without any hesitation.
A few other general hints: The rooms have plenty of plugs - mostly South African three round pin variety - but ours also had a British-style three pin plug point and a European-style two pin plug point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cape Town address that is suited perfectly to your needs. Dock House Boutique Hotel & Spa is a unique and opulent jewel in the crown of Cape Town's glamorous, world-famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, offering discerning guests, visiting dignitaries and celebrities exclusive accommodation and personalised yet unobtrusive butler-style service in an excellent world-class setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dock House Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dock House Hotel Cape Town Central
- Dock House Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa