My husband and I originally booked the Victoria & Alfred Hotel on the Waterfront in Capetown, but when we arrived they upgraded us to the Dock House. What an amazing place! The rooms were 2x as large as the V&A, complimentary mini-bar, and included a pool and spa.
If that wasn't enough, the Dock House is overlooking the waterfront so you get the same great view and location without all the noise and tourists of the V&A. The staff was unfailingly helpful with reservations, recommendations and any assistance we needed. Our room was upstairs in the completely re-furnished dockmaster's house. New high-end electronics as well as a great soaking tub and big shower.
There are only 6 or so rooms, so the hotel is quiet and relaxing. Especially at the pool. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing, luxurious place after exploring Capetown!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cape Town address that is suited perfectly to your needs. Dock House Boutique Hotel & Spa is a unique and opulent jewel in the crown of Cape Town's glamorous, world-famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, offering discerning guests, visiting dignitaries and celebrities exclusive accommodation and personalised yet unobtrusive butler-style service in an excellent world-class setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dock House Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dock House Hotel Cape Town Central
- Dock House Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa