Rouge on Rose
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
StayEasy Cape Town City Bowl(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
De Waterkant Village(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Strand Tower Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Grand Daddy Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Cape Town Lodge(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
1,014 results
All reviewsbo kaapboutique hotelopen showercolorful housescall to prayerno elevatorlong streetsavoy cabbagestay in cape townamazing hostsself cateringlovely boutiquespacious roomwithin walking distancelion's headsignal hillsouth africa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My college age daughter and I stayed 5 nights at Rouge on Rose, our final stop on our recent trip to Africa. I wanted some place special after being on a safari in Botswana and visiting Victoria Falls from Zambia. It certainly met all expectations. It is a darling boutique hotel. Our room had a beautiful view of Signal Hill and the colorful homes of Bo-Kaap. It is very close to center city, Long Street, the Waterfront and Table Top. It carries the theme of red and roses through out the hotel which is charming. Our room was large, almost like an apartment with kitchen facilities, a dining table and sofa. Our bathroom was modern with a wonderful open shower that had great water pressure and never an issue with hot water running out. The breakfasts are THE best!! There were 5 choices and we loved them all but the Breakie was our favorite. Also there coffee is awesome==very important to me. All that said, what sets this place apart, were the owners Ursula and Michel--and their staff. So accommodating and helpful. My daughter is staying behind to do a study abroad and she left feeling like it was home in Cape Town. They have also invited her to stop by for a visit and have one of their wonderful breakfasts. There are many top restaurants within a couple of blocks-- our favorites were Savoy Cabbage, Marco's, I Love my Laundry, and Bristro Bizerca . (I marked quiet--which it was except the morning Muslim prayer at 6:30am that rings out through center city. It is only for a minute and we found it another unique and charming party of Cape Town. The other noise is the ability to hear the noon shooting of the canon on Signal Hill. A city signature) The only negative is when it is cold the rooms stay chilly for southern California's. The do have a heater and lovely warm bedding but it can still feel cold for light weights like us. BTW We found this is true of all homes and hotels as they do not have central heating. One final comment, they have working windows for fresh air and a fan for when it is hot. This is a plus for me because I don't like air-conditioning which they do have.)

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have great bath tubs which I heard were great. I'm a shower person so I loved our room 302. PS no elevator so if climbing the stairs is not for you, ask for a lower floor. We like the exercise of a room on the third floor . Our bags were taken up for us.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 92pamela121
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the Rouge on Rose for three nights, and it was great! The rooms were pleasantly artistic, very spacious, decent view of SA's colorful homes and hot tub. One of the rooms had built-in kitchen, functioning as an apartment. Breakfast was great - try one of everything on the menu! We met Ursula and Michel who were fantastic with helping us get around and identifying hot spots to visit. Our trip would not have been complete without their help and SA enthusiasm. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Rouge on Rose. Our large suite with self catering facilities was perfect. It enabled us to keep wine (South African , of course) and water in the fridge to have with 'nibbles' at the end of a hard day of sightseeing. The breakfasts are lovely. The staff super friendly and the owners, Ursula and her son Michel, go out of their way to be helpful and ensure that you get the most out of your stay in Cape Town. The location is great for easy access to the city centre and for the bus stops for the hop on/off sightseeing buses ( a great way of seeing the city). As two females we felt safe in the area and in the city. You just take the same precautions that you would in any large city. The area where the hotel is situated has masses of character and yes you do hear the early morning call to prayer but that is all part of the general charm and adds to the atmosphere. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: We had suite 201 which had a view up to Table Mountain in one direction and over some of the coloured houses of the Bo Kaap in another.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night, but it was great! Nice central location in the city centre with great character. It is across from a mosque but I found it added to the character. Amazing and spacious room. Very comfortable and functions as an apartment style room....very awesome. The windows open up to the street so you get some nice city noise, but when closed it is quiet. Breakfast was non-traditional fare...a lovely change. Hope we get to come back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I get very irritated when people write "good breakfast" in their reviews. Nobody got on a plane for a breakfast. But here the breakfast must be mentioned & I am not going to spoil the surprise except to say "Order the Omelette". The room is an apartment by Paris standards & good for a longer stay. No views of the sea & mountain that I could see but very central to Waterfront & Town & the charming Cape Quarter area. Many of the quaint little places are hidden so make sure you don't miss this charming area, especially if you are a repeat visitor to Cape Town, & bored with the Waterfront & Camps Bay.

I was unsure of the safety of the area as it was walking distance to the CBD but after I met Ursula she put my mind at ease & after I left my Johannesburg safety neurosis behind I enjoyed Cape Town like a non-neurotic tourist would, i.e. be careful but not paranoid. Thanks Ursula. (Note it is generally accepted that you should not walk around Cape Town CBD at night (even with a crowd). (In Johannesburg you need to exercise good care even during the day at all times. Only crazies walk in JHB at night.) Parking is sparse & not for the guys with Bentleys.

The staff are great as most Cape Town people are. This venue is immaculate & well-run & well-deserving of it's consistently high rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo