We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to Rouge on Rose having booked Rose B&B just opposite (which we believe is very nice too!). We were given an apartment on the 3rd floor (this place doesn't have a lift but we didn't mind the stairs - helped up work off some of the copious amounts of lovely food which we scoffed in SA!). It has a kitchen and dining area, a sitting room with a really comfortable sofa, and a nice bedroom with a walk-in shower, separate loo and sink. The walk-in shower was a lovely touch with a huge shower head. The bed was really comfortable. The whole place was lovely and spacious. They have decorated it all really well, very stylish. We were staying on a B&B basis so we had breakfast in the cafe downstairs - the food was good, although we did wonder what happened to the butter? None in sight! Nevertheless, it was tasty and although there were only three options on the menu, we did not get bored.
The location is great, 5 mins to Long St, 10 mins to the station, and we felt very safe during the day and at night the security guard would always be looking out for us when we returned. It is central enough to walk everywhere, but still in a peaceful road.
Ursula and Michel, who run the place, are very friendly and really helpful.
I can't fault this place really. It is very good value for money (even if we had been paying full rate, which we weren't having been upgraded). I would recommend it to anyone and will definitely look to stay here again on our next visit. First-class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rouge on Rose Boutique Hotel is the latest addition in up market Cape Town boutique hotels offering 9 suites in the Mother City. Painstakingly remodeled and redesigned with the sussed world traveler in mind, Rouge on Rose Boutique Hotel offers an unsurpassed home from home feeling being there for the weary business traveler or the tourist exploring Cape Town.Taking cues from the eclectic nature of the Bo Kaap itself, its "shabby chic" ambiance combines opulence with restraint, bohemia with practicality and above all tranquility in the midst of the bustling cityscape, with South African charm and hospitality coupled with contemporary "found styles" a chic haven in the heart of the city.Rouge on Rose Boutique Hotel in Cape Town offers a choice between en-suite Deluxe Suites or en-suite Self-Catering Suties with flat screen TV with DVD player, satellite TV, wireless internet, bar fridge, complimentary tea/coffee, hairdryers, air conditioning, safes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Rouge on Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rouge On Rose Hotel Cape Town Central
- Rouge On Rose Cape Town, South Africa