“Excellent food”

Ranked #47 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Established in 1999, the City Grill is the oldest steakhouse in the V&A Waterfront. We invite you to discover a truly South African experience… so gather family and friends for a feast of flavour at the City Grill! A place where food has substance, big appetites are essential and South Africa is the flavour of the month, every month!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I found ourselves at the city grill without a reservation and we were accommodated. The steaks are very special in this restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Portions were great and the service was friendly. We were at first placed at a table which took the cold cape wind every time the door opened and when we asked to be moved, we were graciously accommodated where we could continue to enjoy our evening. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to enjoy a really good steak.

• Visited November 2013
barrynieuwoudtcg, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hi

Thank you for the review.
We are delighted that you had a great time with us.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Great place!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Great place! Love it. We were there with a party of seven, including kids. Service was very friendly and helpful. Good fantastic .

1 Thank Tongaremy
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great food, great waiter, great views”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

By pure chance, we ate here and had a mist memorable evening - for all the right reasons! Waiter gave excellent service. Food exceeded expectations and, of course, THAT view!

Hi

Thank you for the wonderful review.
We are extremely happy to hear that you had a great time with us.

Ontario, California
“excellent service and food.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Visiting South Africa, my friends and I went to the Waterfront for dinner. the weather was great and we sat outside with the lovely oceanic. Out waiter Lance recommended that the try the chefs special not on the menu and i had a zebra. The food was well prepared and absolutely divine. In-spite of it being a busy night, Lance gave us excellent service and his full attention throughout the night. I would definitely say a must visit if in the Waterfront.

Hi

Thank you for the taking the time to write a review at City Grill Steakhouse. We are very passionate of what we do and we thank you for acknowledging your pleasant experience.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My friends and I went to City Grill on Sat night. The ambiance was great and we had to wait a couple of minutes for a table as the restaurant was jam packed. The service was quick and our waiter explained all the chef specials. Zebra was something I have never tried so I thought I would give it a chance. What a surprise. I absolutely loved it. 2 of my friends shared a venison skewer, which the manageress came to remove and explained what type of meat it was. Tender and cooked to perfection are the two words that were brought up. I would highly recommend this restaurant and they will be seeing much more of me. Service, food and wine was FANTASTIC!

Hi

Thank you for the wonderful review.
Always good to hear some positive feedback.