“FIRST CLASS SERVICE AND FOOD !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Grill

City Grill
Ranked #53 of 1,136 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Steakhouse, African, Grill
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 1999, the City Grill is the oldest steakhouse in the V&A Waterfront. We invite you to discover a truly South African experience… so gather family and friends for a feast of flavour at the City Grill! A place where food has substance, big appetites are essential and South Africa is the flavour of the month, every month!
Singapore
“FIRST CLASS SERVICE AND FOOD !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Been to many places and there are very few cities I will dine 3 times, let alone twice in one city. City Grill at V & A Waterfront is the exception ! Thanks to Sean, the restaurant manager and his attentive servers !

On an afternoon I walked in and requested a solo table for the evening, Sean greeted me with enthusiasm. I wasn't disappointed with my table siting. Food was excellent. My first night, Ryan, my server was attending to me. After dinner, I requested for a smoking table if it was available. Ryan told me there wasn't one at the moment apologetically. Some time later there was one and he came over to update me. I was impressed ! I figure most restaurants would probably leave it be and not revert to the customer (after all I was done with dinner right ? :-)). That to me is FIRST CLASS SERVICE !!!

I was to return again and thereafter, another time on my final night in Cape Town after coming back from Victoria Falls.

One big advantage: the seafood restaurant next door is also under the same management, so you can actually ask for both menus for some crossed varieties of dishes.

During my 14 days touring Cape Town, Vic Falls and Chobe National Park, I was generally very impressed with the high standards of service excellence. But my experience at City Grill was without question most especially memorable and an exception.

Great job to Sean and his staff ! Keep it up !!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
barrynieuwoudtcg, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We do extensive training with our waiters and it is wonderful to read that one of our new waiters left such a lasting impression with his service. We will definitely let him know. Many thanks for informing us and we are really delighted to read that your experience was so memorable.

Hope to see you back here soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lightwater Uk
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

A good welcome and at 7pm no wait for a table. We ordered a filet steak and a cheese and bacon burger. Both were very well presented and cooked to our liking. The service was attentive and the restaurant also benefits from excellent wifi. The prices are reasonable given the location and quality of ingredients. My only negative, was the way they rearranged the tables midway through our meal, and this meant someone sitting with their back only inches from my right shoulder, this was a shame as it meant we left without sampling their desserts.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank garygeorge3
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and service. I am however disappointed to read that the seating arrangements was uncomfortable once we reseated new guests. I wish you had brought this to our attention on the night in order for us to have made another plan.

Hope to see you back here soon.

Kind Regards
Annandale, Virginia
“City Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Food is excellent on the high side for South Africa standards. It is situated at the V&A mall at Entrance 4 outside. It was a bit chilly when I was there so I chose to eat inside. They had seafood as well as meat. Nice dining experience

Visited March 2014
barrynieuwoudtcg, General Manager at City Grill, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi

Thank you for the amazing review of City Grill Steakhouse. We are delighted that we lived up to expectation. We strive for excellence in all departments and it is always great to read such wonderful comments.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good for meat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a popular place and we decided to try it. I prefer fish so wasn't sure as the focus is on meat. I had lamb cutlets--they were delicious and perfectly cooked--not too rare, soft and very tasty. My husband had a good steak and chips--he was very happy with it. The service was prompt and friendly. If you like meat then try this place. Only negative is people chain smoking on near-by table.

• Visited March 2014
Hi

Thank you for the review. We are delighted that you had a great experience with us. We are sorry to read about the smoking and I wish you brought it to our attention on the night and we could have moved you to an alternative table.

Thank you for the support.

Brooklyn, New York
“Good option at the waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place is super tasty, with lots of fresh meat, including game meat and biltong. The service was a bit hit or miss but it was St Patrick's Day and they were slammed.

Visited March 2014
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your food, but disappointed to hear that our service was a bit lacking on the night. I apologize for this and promise to rectify immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.