One&Only Cape Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Mountain Marina(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Protea Hotel Cape Town Cape Castle(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Villa Zest Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
1,798 results
All reviewskids clubisland suitenobu restaurantreubentable mountainthe main hotelhigh teafour seasonsbeautiful hoteloystersnespresso machinebreakfast buffetsouth africaluxury hotelturn down servicemountain viewwaterfront area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We spent 2 nights at the One and Only hotel in Cape Town from 17th sep 11 and was very impressed with the service and quality of accommodation. On arrival we were told that we were to be upgraded to a deluxe suite for no apparent reason. It was a great start to our South African experience!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Only just got round to writing about how good this Hotel was when we stayed there in August.
We have now done most of the One and Only hotels around the world and this was one of the best. Outstanding service from start to end! From the maids to the waiter and waitress staff. This knocks spots of any hotel in the caribbean, and we have done most of the top ones. Fantastic food, Fantastic staff, and the best service you will ever get. We couldn't get our son out of the kids club it was so good. We definately would choose this hotel if ever we return to Cape Town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2011

It's a good hotel but it was meant to be a really fantastic hotel. Perhaps expectations were set too high, but for a chain with it's reputation I would have expected the attention to detail would have been present.

I arrived early and an early check in had been arranged ahead of time. The room was not ready and I had to sit in the bar area for an hour (I was given a complementary drink). I was told it would be a short time, but nobody informed me of the status and I had to keep asking. Everytime it was a new story for somebody.

Service in the bar area and at breakfast was not particularly responsive.

Japanese restaurant came highly recommended, but was not wonderful - guess I am spolied living in Asia.

So nothing really bad and all was up to an international hotel standard, but did not live up to the One and Only reputation.

I will go back to the Table Bay Hotel in the same Waterfront area next time.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We recently spent three nights at the One & Only in Cape Town. Expectations were about average -- thought it would be nice, but frankly how nice could it be after two weeks visiting magnificent Southern Africa national parks?

Our group (13 people) was greeted on arrival (a chilly, wet day) with a cup of hot cocoa and quickly assigned our rooms. The rooms were quite spectacular! Spotless, fresh, modern, upscale -- we had what was essentially a suite with sitting area, table, desk, and every amenity we could desire! Our balcony overlooked the lagoon area and Table Mountain.

Service was superb throughout. Included breakfast was terrific. We ate one evening in the hotel -- we had not made reservations and they were fully booked with special dinner groups. We were accommodated in the bar with quick service and excellent meals.

The location in the harbor area is great for restaurants, sightseeing and shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms generally appear to look over the lagoon, so doesn't appear that there are "bad" locations.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I did visit the One & Only now about 8 times and honestly...i am impressed ! You hear among people in Cape Town sometimes critic towards One & Only's prices or services but having enjoyed now their different services several times i can only come to the conclusion that the services, prices are absolute very good and worthwhile going there as a local as well.

First of all the Spa : i had (again) a foot treatment at Bastien Gonzalez by a very friendly lady and after a little over an hour my feet were extremely happy and almost "singing", very professional and abs. a different experience than a normal pedicure...

The restaurant Reuben is a great change, great South African food, warm, service and very well priced !
and last night I went for the first time to Nobu : that was as well very impressive ! It was my birthday and they mad it special and although the restaurant was full it was all of a very high level : Atmosphere, service, music, incredible food (absolute top Japanese) ...the 5 course menu for 399 was absolutly delicious and the quantities were rather large, a bit less would do no harm !
I think that both for business and for private visits this is quite a unique restaurant. Classy but not stiff, stylish but still open and intimate.

Definitly besides a lot of other nice places the ONe & Only is on my list for regulars visits for Spa, drinks and food !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family