Having stayed mostly at guest houses in Cape Town over the years, I wanted to try something different and opted for the One and Only. It was just ok, at a stretch. The location frankly did not suit me, as I don't care for the wharf area and it is really in no mans land, relatively isolated from everything, certainly by foot. The service was spotty and in the restaurants poor to awful ( Nobu). I had two massages in the spa, the first very good, the second abysmal. The view of Table Mountain from my room was lovely, but is there a bad view in Cape Town? Well yes, probably the island rooms - I can't imagine the sense of confinement stuck in one of those. The long and the short, this is just an expensive hotel that falls way short of the elegant resort it's trying to be or charging for. Back to the guest houses for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa