Thank you One & Only for a wonderful stay. My husband and I treated ourselves to five nights away on our own without the children - it was everything that we needed or wanted. The hotel is of course fabulous and in a perfect location for those who want to explore or get out and about easily. From popping out for a run to shopping or wanting drinks or a meal everything is within easy reach.
We stayed in a Marina Grant suite, quite frankly it was enormous with the luxury of his and hers bathrooms - always helpful! I also noticed that there was a connecting door so if you were staying with children that would make a fabulous arrangement. Service and curtesy of staff was of the highest order in the main. The rooms were immaculate and well serviced twice a day. The gym was fabulously equipped but suffered from the inconsistent level of service from the Personal Trainers. There are no classes and several times that I went into the gym it was unattended. One PT, Ruldoph could not have been more helpful and encouraging but on the other hand the lady in there ignored me on every single occasion that I went in there - we gave off a 'can't be bothered' aura. The spa is calm and treatments good. The big downside with the hotel is that it is probably a pool short. We arrived on a Sunday and it was absolutely packed and difficult to get sunbeds. During the week it was much quieter there was no race to get a sun bed. It would seem, however, that the hotel have an unofficial policy of allowing non guests in to use the facilities if they are quiet which would account for the packed pool over the weekend. When we stayed the hotel was not at full capacity but I heard nightmares about people queuing for beds over Christmas. I am not sure what the full capacity of the hotel is but there is only provision for around say 50 sun beds.
I have only pointed out the downsides though in order to prepare you. I loved my stay and we will be sure to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa