“The only place to stay in Cape Town”
Review of One&Only Cape Town

One&Only Cape Town
Ranked #13 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Having been to Cape Town about 10 times this was my first time at the One and Only. It's suffice to say that going forward I will definitely be staying here, even if it means I have to save up longer or stay for a shorter period.

The beds are as comfortable as can be, the bathroom is top quality as are all the Charlotte Rhys products. Given it was our honeymoon the staff went out of their way to make it nice and even gave us a bottle of wine in our room on arrival. the concierge was top notch and got us some reservations at a restaurant we couldn't previously get in to. The older chap from Ireland on the concierge desk was extremely friendly and helpful - an asset to the hotel.

Finally in terms of location, there is nowhere better, walking distance to the v&a and very close to the bars and restaurants around long st.

Recommend - and the afternoon tea is a must, even if you leave 10kg heavier....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller21321
MvanLill, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Your One&Only family is thrilled that our beautiful resort has become your home away from home. Helping our guests celebrate life’s special moments is what creates true One&Only moments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for every anniversary!

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for One&Only Cape Town

996 - 1,002 of 1,633 reviews

Reviewed 10 December 2013

WOW - A real treat! We were treated like queens. Canapes, bubbles, amazing treatments and full use of all the facilities. It is beautiful, tranquil and exclusive. Def a MUST do at least once in your life!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bridgette D
MvanLill, Training and Quality Assurance Manager at One&Only Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Our spa team is thrilled that you had such an amazing experience with them. Our exclusive One&Only Cape Town Spa is the only spa in South Africa managed by the ESPA brand, thus you are guaranteed a unique experience unlike any other. Located on its own private island, the One&Only Cape Town Spa is geared towards the ultimate pampering session. We cannot wait to spoil you again.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have now stayed at the One and Only in Cape Town twice and were impressed on both occasions. The rooms are spacious, modern and luxurious. The view is amazing and includes Table Mountain and part of the Waterfront. The service was excellent with the exception of breakfast where orders were slow and it was at times difficult to get attention. It is my first choice for accommodation in Cape Town.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We seek to provide our guests with unique experiences that they would like to experience again and again. Thank you for making us your destination of choice in Cape Town for this reason. We appreciate your feedback regarding the service experience you had during breakfast and you can rest assured that this matter has been taken on board by the relevant management.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in a suite room on the island and it was amazing. Perfect laid out modern room with a nice view of the lake. High end amenities. Professional, friendly staff, great food and all the first class services you will need. 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

We are pleased that the tranquil and private setting of our Island Suites helped to create a memorable One&Only experience for you. With the added touches of luxury in the guest rooms on our private man-made island such as extra room space, larger sized amenities and two kinds of robes you are guaranteed to be spoiled to the core. We are looking forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We started a Safari Trip a little early by visiting Capetown and stayed at the One and Only. I am now really spoiled and who would have thought that in Africa I would find such a fine hotel with amazing service. Property and amenities abound with taste and class but the staff top it all off. They can't do enough for you. The perfect place recoup after a long flight. It is located in a lovely area with shops and restaurants galore. The gift shop was the best place we found for buying unusual gifts and wish we had done more shopping there even though we would have had to lug them around. The Spa is another lovely addition. Have a massage after a long flight. Book it from home so you don't miss out.

Room Tip: The Villas are beautiful and spacious and great for couples who want privacy. The hotel rooms are c...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

We pride ourselves in every amenity, our facilities and services. Being of a world class standard, we are excited about the fact that we offer unique services and facilities unlike anywhere else in the country. You will always leave with everlasting memories created by our dedicated staff and management. Thank you for writing about your One&Only moments.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have visited the One and Only in Cape Town, Waterfront just four times. On both occasions I was a day visitor functions at their venues and going to one of their restaurants. One my first visit I was very much enchanted by the beauty of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I arrived early to a ladies get together that I was invited to and asked the staff very kindly to show me one of the rooms. I specifically asked to be shown the suite that was home to Hollywood actor Denzel Washington when he was shooting a movie in Cape Town for a couple of months. The Table Mountain was indeed a breath taking suite. I could see why it would be the perfect substitute for a luxurious home away from home for those who can afford it. And if your financial position allows, I say why not. With enough time to kill on that first visit I took a careful stroll around the nearby islands with a thought not to disturb the exclusivity that seemed to define the place. The foot bridges over canals lead me to the One and Only SPA area and I relaxed a little by the side of the magical marble massive members pool and envisioned myself in heaven on earth. My very recent visit to the One and Only was to Nobu restaurant where with a friend i shared a vegetarian platter. Whenever I need inspiration to greatness i draw on my memories of the One and Only and work hard knowing that a retreat to the One and Only will serve as a perfect reward. I already know my room choice :)

• Stayed: November 2013

We look forward to see you dream becoming a reality and we cannot wait to host you for your first stay at One&Only Cape Town in the not too distant future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is an review just for the afternoon tea at the Vista Lounge at the One&Only.

After doing an afternoon tea at the Mount Nelson my girlfriend and I fell in love with the whole experience. So for her birthday I took her to the One&Only for an afternoon tea.

The view was amazing as the placed as right in front of the window with a 180 degree view of Table Mountain.

What I loved:

The sweet stuff!!! They are so decadent and rich. The Buttermilk Panna Cotta and the Tiramisu sent me to heaven and beyond. Was so good!!! The macaroons are also perfect which is a huge thing for my girlfriend.

The Ice Tea was made of a berry tea which is truly amazing. Really refreshing and flavorsome.

Lastly the teapots are amazing!!! Every tea that was served came in a different and unique teapot.

The Not so Nice:

Service. This is their biggest let down. As a 5 star establishment you expect it to have world class service. When we arrived we were ask what we would like to drink (which is as expected), but we were not shown what our options were. When we asked we were told Ice Tea, Coffee and Tea. Knowing that there is a big selection of teas I would have liked to know what the options of tea were before I was expected to make a decision. It also took them quite a while to clear all of our dirty plates, cups and teapots. We also had to ask a few times for a spoon or fork.

The Tea Menu is my last gripe. It is an interesting concept. A board is brought to you with little samples of tea in containers inlaid into the board. The biggest problem is that quite a few of the descriptions of the teas have been rubbed off and you have to either ask the server what the tea is (and then trust them since there is no way of knowing what tea it actually is) or take a blind guess. There is no way to smell the sample since it is in a small sealed container.

Other than that this was an enjoyable experience, but certainly not the Mount Nelson.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helgard

We appreciate your constructive feedback on your afternoon tea experience with us. It is through such feedback that we are able to constantly improve and build on the service experiences we provide. Our high tea is a very popular attraction at the resort and the delectable treats and 36 different tea blends are only a few of the reasons that adds to the popularity of this experience. The fact that the service you received on the day you visited was not up to standard is very disappointing. We are pleased to inform you that all the matters raised have been addressed by our management team and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future to enjoy a true One&Only high tea experience!