I stayed here for 7 nights in November 2013 whilst on a business trip. The hotel is located centrally near the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and is convenient for shopping and the lovely restaurants nearby. It is within walking distance of the Conference Centre and the central business district.
The common areas are superb; light and airy. Staff are attentive and polite. I dined at both in hotel restaurants. Of the two the Japanese restaurant was my favourite for dinner. Reuben's was excellent for breakfast. It served the usual buffet (but very high quality) fare as well as a great a la carte selection including some traditional African breakfast items.
My room was very large by most standards. The only rooms of comparable size which I have stayed in are at some of the top end US hotels. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was opulent and the view of table mountain from my balcony was breathtaking. There was ample wardrobe space. I used the laundry service several times and found this efficient.
It was easy to work at the hotel as it has an excellent wireless broadband service.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to the business and vacation traveller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Travelbag, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa