We came to the One and Only (an Island room) at the end of our holiday, after a week in an hotel in the Cape Winelands (in Franschhoek) that was as close to perfection as anyone might reasonably expect. We paid much more per night in the O&O, but the quality of service and attention to detail did not come close to our Franschhoek experience. So, is the O&O a bad hotel? No, very good in many respects, including quality and cleanliness of rooms, reputable food venues, and high standards of maintenance of a very well located and designed hotel. But is it a great hotel? Also no. The attention to detail is simply not there (by way of example, like having to call housekeeping to get some basic items replaced which had been overlooked when the room was serviced). This was our second stay at the O&O, but will be our last. We have experienced several other top hotels in Cape Town on both work and leisure visits, and our conclusion is that O&O does not represent the best value available for the prices they charge. Cape Town has many other attractive options, and a little research is worthwhile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa