We arrived at the One&Only Cape Town as our first stop on our three-week African honeymoon in South Africa (Cape Town, Kruger, Sabi Sands, Johannesburg) and Tanzania (Zanzibar). Prior to our arrival at the hotel, I had communicated with Madnee Mayman at the Concierge Desk to book hard-to-get reservations, Mercedes Benz taxis/ transfers and sought-after tours. He was unbelievable to work with and nothing was impossible for him to do. When our Robben Island tour was cancelled due to Nelson Mandela’s funeral and the island being closed in remembrance of, Madnee was able to book us on the first ferry to the island on the following day and helped us to rearrange our itinerary. He also took care of our private bookings to Cape Point and an unforgettable shark diving trip at coveted times during the busy summer months prior to our arrival. He was an absolute gem to work with and even more charismatic and accommodating in person. The entire staff was extremely personable, friendly, and helpful all throughout our four night stay.
The property itself is amazing! Stunning views of Table Mountain, close to the waterfront and a great jumping off point for the many sights to see and things to do in Cape Town. We requested Room 505 before getting to the hotel since we heard it had one of the best views of Table Mountain and it did not disappoint! When we arrived after our 18 hour flight from New York, we were greeted with champagne and given a grand tour of the hotel. We then had another bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us in our room and a bubble bath with rose petals on another night during our stay. They pulled out all of the stops to ensure that our time at the hotel and in Cape Town was as memorable as ever and Cape Town was certainly one of the best cities we’ve visited (that’s coming from two New Yorkers who live in Soho).
The daily buffet breakfasts were incredible and both Reuben’s and Nobu are delicious. The spa was well appointed, meticulous and my husband and I both had wonderful massages. Hands down – the One&Only Cape Town is a wonderful hotel (modern, clean, luxurious, top notch) – THE hotel – to stay at while in Cape Town and we hope to be back in the very near future!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa