Spent 4 nights at hotel, and on the first day my electric razor was stolen from the room. I reported the theft to the reception desk immeadiately, and was told "when this happens we always follow up with a note left in your room later in the day". That was not too reassuring, and made me think this is a common event. But sure enough I got a note in my room that evening saying that they would investigate and get back in due course. But I never heard back, and the same staff serviced my room. I felt compelled to lock up my belongings in my suitcase since, unfortunately, the room safe was not big enought for my valuables and my toiletries. On the last evening I went back to the desk and complained to the manager. He was unaware of the theft, and put me on the phone with the security director who told me he was told I had checked out several days earlier. They were both blaming other people, and were not on top of the situation. The manager also would not reimbure me for the electric razor, which amazed me given that I was paying over $1500 a night for our suite. The hotel was beautiful, and the room just fantastic. Service and food was okay, but not great. I did not feel safe and secure in the hotel, and the management seemed little concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One&Only Cape Town, one of the finest resorts in South Africa. This urban chic resort brings an unprecedented level of luxury to Cape Town, one of the world's most fascinating cities.With captivating views of Table Mountain from its enviable location in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the resort is a destination unto itself. Discerning travellers are invited to discover the celebrated cuisines of Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa and Reuben Riffel, socialise in the high-energy vibe of Vista Bar & Lounge and sample rare and undiscovered vintages at the stunning Wine Loft. The sublime calm of the city's most expansive and sophisticated spa offers an indulgent escape, while NEO Boutique debuts an enviable collection of designer fashions, some available for the first time in South Africa.As the first luxury hotel to open in Cape Town in nearly a decade, the resort is designed to celebrate the city's wine, art, design and spirit, balancing contemporary glamour with an authentic South African style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelbag, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your One&Only Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- One And Only Cape Town
- One&Only Cape Town South Africa