“Top ten carnivore meals ever”
Review of Carne on Keerom

Carne on Keerom
Ranked #71 of 1,207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It is hard to say what makes a steak restaurant fantastic, but Carne definitely knows their meat, how to cook it, what to serve it with, and how to serve it. I didn't have a reservation so I just ate at the bar, and the bar tender recommended the Morgenster wine, the ravioli (I forgot it was an Italian restaurant), the prime rib steak, and the berry with sorbet dessert. The portion was way too much, but I ate every bit of it. I often struggle with the guilt of be a carnivore when eating not so tasty meat dishes, but dining at Carne really makes me appreciate the food.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice place to eat, yet a bit more expensive in comparison to other places in Cape Town.

Extensive selection of meats you can choose.

My girlfriend steak was perfectly grilled, mine was still very pale.

The sitting area is below the ground floor. Very noisy when there are not that many people in the restaurant.
Don't expect a romantic setting, there's no music or ambiance.

2  Thank Roger194
Reviewed 29 May 2014

and Carne met the test. The restaurant is very cool and fun. The people watching was exceptional. The food was great and the price was right.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Oh my! What an incredible meal.!
My husband and I both had delectable starters. The tartare is a must here.
But the Fiorentina is a must here! And do share this meal as it is nearly a kilos worth.
Beautifully cooked and sliced for you on arrival to the table.
Many thanks to Adam for the fantastic wine recommendation and for an overall lovely evening.
My next trip is sure to include a visit to Carne. Can hardly wait as I salivate over the thought...

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wonderful evening, relaxed and charming place, not too big, everything was marvelous and the food divine. We'll have to go back for the other one across the street !!!