“Perfect stay with a true boutique experience...”

Atlantic Affair Boutique Hotel
Ranked #41 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I have just returned from business in Cape Town. Given there was Africa's largest Telecommunications conference on then, most hotels were full. I therefore went to Tripadvisor and looked at smaller hotels and from the consistently excellent reviews, chose the Atlantic Affair. I did not make a mistake.

Upon arrival at Cape Town Airport, I arranged a taxi to the hotel from within the airport and the journey cost me 250 Rand. If you just pick up a cab from outside or elesewhere you to have to be vigilant and ensure that they put their meter on. If they do not or have a false one, then just exit the car.

If you have your own car then the hotel has secure parking.

The hotel is in Seapoint and is set back a couple of streets from the sea front, Upon arrival I was greeted by Desi who was very professional. Unfortunately my room was not ready yet but not the end of the meal as I wanted a bite to eat. About 20 metres from the hotel is Primi Piatti where you can get some decent food and where I ate each morning for breakfast - the Atlantic does not offer breakfast but has some drinks if you need them.

I had booked a luxury suite and it was a great room. Kitchen / loung area and a totally separate bedroom with bathroom. Ckear that it had only recently been built which was great. Everything was modern but comfortable. Lighting in the room was good. Too often a case of 'form over function'[ but not at the Atlantic Affair. I was in room 101 and can recommend that. There is no view as such given the proximity of other buildings but not a consideration given everything else. The bed was a super king and 6 feet wide. Very comfortable indeed. Bathroom great although a standard sink would have been most welcome - one insalled is super fashionable, if a little impractical. Showe huge though and good power.

A couple of bottles of water and some nice chocolates had been placed in my room which was most welcome. I drank the water from the tap as well and had no problems so a clean place. The room was serviced well each day and service throughout was efficient.

The hotel has only 12 rooms and is genuienely therefore a boutique hotel. Given the size of it there is no swimming pool or fitness centre but if one does need some exercise, just take a jog along by the sea. I had intended to do so during my stay with good intentions turned to nothing in the end!

All in all, a great place and a short taxi ride from the main areas such as the V&A. Cheaper staying a little outside and I can recommend the Atlantic Affair to anybody. Great job Desi and the rest of the team!

If you are looking for a good place to have the classic steak meal, you can not go wrong with booking a table at Balthazar at the V&A. Great restaurant with great food and good service. Need to book though as it is exceedingly popular.

Room Tip: Ask for room 101. Did not see any of the other rooms but 101 was great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MrConnectivity

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I had climbed Kilimanjaro and made the obtuse airline trip to Capetwon tired and worn out. The ATM machine at the airport ate my debit card. I had no cash and only an Amex card (not everyone likes Amex and there are some things you simply have to have cash for). I arrived at the Hotel in the evening and Sandra was so warm and friendly and understanding. She recommended a great Italian place 2 blocks away thtat takes AMex (very safe neighborhood to walk in and the beach is 2 blocks down) that was fabulous. The next day, the front desk manager helped me procure cash, had great recommendations on things to do and see, and was caring, warm and friendly. The sign in the room (which is also fabulous with a plush down comforter, incredible water pressure from the shower, modern styling and art work, free bottled water, a small kitchenette area, and plenty of drawers and space!) is right: arrive as a guest, leave as a friend. I loved this hotel, the staff, the ambience, it's location was incredible (I had rented a car- tin's not as hasrd as yout hink to drive on the left- even with a stick shift), and it felt like home. I found myself thinking I would love to rent an apartment like it when I move in the upcoming future. I am coming back for sure with my daughters in their summer-time and we will only stay here. It was the best hotel/ home away from home I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Quiet neighborhood and great location.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mcurtis924
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This hotel is in Seapoint and is extremely well located to get to all Cape Town Attractions. It has secure parking included and the staff couldnt be more helpful and pleasant.
The accommodation is in the form of an appartment and has a small kitchen a lounge a bedroom and bathroom. The lounge is beautifully decorated and furnished and has winows opening onto small balconies. The bedroom is luxurious and the bedding is top quality cotton. The bathroom contains a bath and a shower that comfortably accommodates two.
Room service is excellent and everything is put just right each day.
Reception offered advice about the locality and were ever ready to help us.
We used the public seawater swimming pool which is just about 100 yards away from the hotel and is really good value
Special thanks to Desi who was amazing

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petez324
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We can highly recommend the Atlantic Affair for a stay in Cape Town. The staff were very welcoming with a cup of tea and coffee after a long day. It was great to have somewhere to eat in (food can be bought from the many supermarkets around the corner). The waterfront is at the end of the road where you can pick up the Hop On Hop Off bus. Heating and showers were great (we were there in June.) The fact that it isn't right in the centre of Cape Town is a positive in my book. It was lovely and quiet and a quick easy taxi ride back from the waterfront. We liked seeing the locals out cycling and jogging and grabbing a sunday coffee. Beds were very comfortable.
Leaving your luggage there for the day was no problem and the hotel was easy to navigate back to after we picked up our hire car.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julie00109
Reviewed 1 August 2012

What an amazing boutique hotel. You want for nothing and the staff are so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much bother for them, they know the word "Hospitality". A special mention goes to Desi, who was wonderful. Thankyou to everyone for a special stay in Cape Town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chilloutkoala
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is a small 'apartment hotel' very close to Cape Town with free secure parking . We received a wonderful warm welcome from Sandra and Desi, great coffee on arrival. This place is absolutely spotless and very stylish. Nothing is too much trouble for the Staff. Providing a UK power socket is really useful and the wifi access worked very well. Restaurant/breakfast recommendations worked out well . A great concept providing high grade hotel style accommodation but with the friendly personal touches of a luxury B&B. The honesty bar at reception was much appreciated as we all sat and watched the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony until 2AM ! and so grateful to Natasha for arranging for a taxi to deliver my Daughter's passport to O R Tambo airport when we tried to Check In and realised she had left it in the room safe.

A great place to stay ! Ideal for those with a hire car wanting to get out and about with no city traffic hassle and immediate access to the sea front.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor, I am sure all the rooms are to the same high standard. Ability to open...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We just got back from 12 wonderful days in Cape Town and could not have been happier about our accomodations. The hotel is located in one of the nicest areas in the city with shops and restaurants easily within walking distance (especially La Mouette, La Boheme, and The Backyard), AND it's only two and a half blocks from the ocean. The suite was clean, modern, and very well appointed. They even cleared out the mini-bar refrigerator so we could use it to store snacks and other food items.

The staff were all very pleasant, efficient and a delight to meet. The "front office" staff were knowledgeable about the Sea Point area, about the city and its sights, and about the surrounding countryside where we took several day trips. Free parking is secure and convenient.

All in all, this is a great choice for accomodations in Cape Town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Craigrownie Guest House
#3 of 7 in Bantry Bay
City Bowl
Himmelblau Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Himmelblau Boutique Bed & Breakf...
#42 of 156 in Cape Town Central

Been to Atlantic Affair Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!