“Just perfect... :-)”

Ranked #47 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Just perfect... :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

Spent 3 weeks at Cape Town and around and so stayed in a few places... Atlantic Affair Boutique hotel turned out to be my favorite in the end.

It is just right, every way. Good location: 2 minutes walk to the beach and to infinity Olympic size public pool (very nice, recommended).

Restaurants, shops, laundry, internet cafes - everything is on the door step.

The room: spotless cleaning every day, tea and coffee facilities, full kitchen amenities. The quality of bed mattress and pillows is amazing!

The room is spacious and well designed, with balcony.

What is most important: you really feel like at home from home :-). Stayed in the hotel 5 nights spending quite a significant time in the room catching up on the work in front of the notebook (free wired and wireless internet in the room). Total privacy.

The stuff is very professional and goes extra mile to listen to you, to please you and takes your stay and every detail of it seriously. Nothing is a trouble for them. Natasha and Sandra do an amazing job. They take care of you and every your need in a thorough, smart and attentive way.

Stay here, you would not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

Comfy king bed, fluffy pillows, spotless floor, sugared nuts n complimentary snacks, full kitchen amenities, full length mirror, luxurious towels and rainshower. There's nothing not to like about this boutique hotel. It was such a comfortable stay, better than westin I would say! (latter is twice the price)

Natasha and Sandra r ever so helpful in providing itinerary advice, arranging transport, and they even loaned me a mobile with local number to use, which was v useful to get cabs.

The location is good too, a min walk to the beach, away from the waterfront hustle n bustle but close to the lovely beaches; bantry bay, cliftons, camps bay. Walking by the beach in the wee hours of morning watching sunrise is made possible by the fab location.

Would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2010
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

I am sadly coming towards the end of my stay at this hotel. Normally I do not travel alone internationally, but for my trip to Cape Town, I was traveling solo. A few months ago, I decided I wanted to take a trip for my birthday this year & a friend recommended I visit Cape Town. With an airline ticket gotten by using miles, I now needed a hotel. I read the reviews on trip advisor & had a hard time making up my mind. Several hotels had gotten such wonderful reviews. However, what sold me on Atlantic Affair was the modern look of the rooms from the pics & about how people said that they received excellent service.

This has ended up to being the most amazing hotel stay I've ever had. The front desk staff (Natasha & Sandra) treated me like I was the only guest...they spent a lot of time with me, answering all my questions & setting me up on tours. I mentioned that it was my birthday the next day & asked what I should do on that day. Well, on my birthday, I came downstairs to find a cake & a card with a ticket to Table Mountain. The staff even sang happy birthday to me!

A few days later, the owner of the hotel, Oliver, had invited me along with a couple from England who were also guests at the hotel out to dinner. (Who ever heard of something like this happening elsewhere?) It was an incredibly fun evening!

The hotel is incredibly clean, has nice rooms & a fantastic staff....what more could one ask for? Congrats to the owner for running a first class hotel that surely cannot disappoint anyone!

I have gotten spoiled at this hotel... I'm sure that in my future travels, my hotels will pale in comparison to this one.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

My husband and I stayed 5 nights in this little gem of a hotel and I have never known such fantastic and personal service..they went out of their way to take an interest and help us but somehow never invaded our privacy!
We received a warm and lovely welcome with a drink and were shown to our gorgeous and very modern penthouse suite, done in beautiful colours which echoed the colours of the sea and incredible landscape there. It was spotless for the whole week as was the whole hotel and they even tidied our room! They asked us when it suited us for them to clean the room. The bathroom was wonderful with a big bath and shower and I found the slippers and robe provided useful. Nibbles were provided as a welcome treat. Our bed was enormous! We spent a romantic evening on the huge balcony lying on the loungers watching the sun set and we would never have noticed that the moon was seen from a different angle to the u.k. (very exciting!) if it wasnt for that!
We could see the sea from our room. It was fabulous. The hotel is close to the sea front and there are some good places to eat -La Perla restaurant was lovely- and there are more inexpensive but good places nearby. The hotel is well placed to get out of town easily to visit the amazing places in the area. The V& A Waterfront is not far. We bought food from shops close by and had delicious breakfasts in our suite in the well equipped kitchen and lounge.
There was an honesty bar downstairs and coffee available-which added to the friendly atmosphere of the hotel. The staff were incredible- everyone we met in South Africa was friendly but these people really do treat you as friends. They helped us plan our stay, even lent us a laptop for the week and cellphone! There were many very generous touches that made us feel special.
We felt safe there. There is secure parking and an excellent security guard at nights –they gave us security advice when we went out and ordered taxis for us.
We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend the Atlantic Affair

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

Amazing hotel. Really well thought out and modern. Greeted with a drink. They were expecting us. Lovely room, with a preposterous size bed. Great shower; powerful and large. There were no views from our room but that was not really a problem for us. They gave us a free local mobile while we were there and you can even borrow a GPS unit if you want. They provide travel adaptors. There is no food available but lots of local places to eat. It is also easy to order takeaway. They will order it for you!
You have a mini bar and an honesty bar in the lobby. Drinks were very cheap for a hotel; R90 for some miniature bottles (£0.90).
Situated in “Sea Point”. 5 minutes drive to the Waterfront and 10 minutes drive to city centre. Has secure parking.
We were there for a week and it was a lovely home away from home. They were almost too helpful and you felt bad asking for things, as you knew that they would go out of their way to do whatever they could.
The hotel owner took us out for dinner one night to a lovely restaurant. Never had that before! He designed the hotel based on what he expects when travelling.
I would definitely recommend Atlantic Affair Boutique Hotel, as it provides unbelievable value for money. The place does not have the wow factor of "O' on Kloof" (down the road) or the grand hotel style of "12 Apostles" but is a lovely boutique hotel which definitely impresses.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

we were sooo impressed with this impeccably operated pearl in the midst of the seapoint district of capetown that we personally borrowed the star from our texas flag and upgraded oliver powell's 12 suite hotel to a much deserved five star rating--we have been travelling all over the world for the past 26 years staying in all the five star big hotels--atlantic affair's eight day stay was the most pleasant ever--we arrived as a guest and left as a member of their family--my wife had fallen earlier in capetown and was nursing a bruised leg injury--they sent cards and chocolates to our room--met our every request including loaning us their personal computer for the entire stay so i could continue my daytrading activities and my wife could remain in contact with her business--mr powell took us to a five star dinner on the nite we arrived as we were eight day guests--they exyended our checkout time without charge as we had a midnite flight home--mr powell called us long distance in dallas upon our return to check on my wifes status--everything was above and beyond what was expected--we will never stay any other place when we return to capetown--thank u again oliver-natasha-sandra & isabella--ur dallas buddies--rebecca and richard

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank zebraman007
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

What a wonderful experience! For the first time ever, our hotel turned out to be exactly as described on the website in every way - photos, descriptions, location, services, etc. Absolutely no disappointments or problems during our 5-night stay in Cape Town. If anything, it was even better than we had hoped for! Our penthouse suite was like something straight out of a magazine, with up-to-the minute furnishings, fittings and decor. The staff went out of their way to be helpful, and nothing was too much trouble. Our host, Oliver, gave us the VIP treatment in every respect. Their motto is 'Come as a guest, leave as a friend,' and that is exactly how we felt when we left the hotel on our last morning there. Thank you so much to all concerned!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple