“delicious!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a great dinner at Miller's Thumb. The seafood was fresh and well prepared.The restaurant has a fun atmosphere. Would highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,911)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We visited Miller's Thumb with our four children aged 9-16 and it was fantastic. Delicious food for everyone, service extremely friendly and efficient. We mostly ate the seafood but everything was the best it could be, tasty and varied. The atmosphere was comfortable, friendly and informal. While we were in Cape Town we ate in some gorgeous restaurants and I think this one was probably our favourite!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I ate at Miller's Thumb after reading the great reviews. It definitely lived up to it's great reputation and great reviews. We were lucky enough to be within walking distance (less than 5 minutes from our hotel - Walden House). The restaurant is really quaint and cozy - very busy with locals which is always a good sign. They have different types of fresh fish each day. I had the kingklip, which I had never had before. There are different cooking styles you can get with the fish - I got cajan style. The kingklip was excellent. My wife had a pesto pasta dish which she really liked also. Dessert, which changes by the day, was great. I had the chocolate pecan pie - delicious. Good selection of dishes - fish, meat, salads, etc. Great value, friendly service. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Logan R
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently visited from the states and were sent here by our local hotel. We went there at 8 pm on a Thursday night. The place was pretty full, most people finishing up dinner by this point. We decided to order a bottle of wine- very reasonable prices. We started off with prawns which were great! We then both ordered local fish and loved the variety to choose from. We also loved the idea of being able to prepare with a large variety of choices. The server was running around busy but she was nice and attentive. We enjoyed our experience and it was nice to see the staff dining together when we were on our way out. The ambience is average but the food is nice and fresh.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Delicious fresh fish, immaculately prepared. The Japanese chicken stir fry had such clean flavours. Highly efficient service. Look forward to a return visit.