“Outstanding food of a nice-setting restaurant”
Review of Miller's Thumb

Miller's Thumb
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We found this place via Trip Advisor. It was a Friday night and we are lucky to get a table when booked last minutes. I made a reservation through phone and the staff could tell my name when we walking in.

The setting of the restaurant is quite special (see my photo posted) with different painting and decorations.

The menu is included inside an "invitation" addressing to Mr. & Mrs. Hungry which we felt touching. Both the server and a lady (maybe the owner) are very proactive and explained to us in details of different dishes. The price of each dish is reasonable.

The fish soup is a must try. It was full of different seafood and I tasted all the freshness. The light taste of tomato in the soup was a perfect combination.

The fish (kingklip) I ordered was also exceptionally good. The fish is very fresh with the spice not overwhelm the taste of the fish.

P.S. This was also my first time to use a fish knife (which I only saw it in some eating etiquette book).

Overall, we are very delighted to dine at this restaurant and will definite come back again when visiting Cape Town next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,967)

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

You have to dine in this well run, warm and affordable restaurant. My partner and I went there twice. Once on our own, 3 days later with family group of 10. Including a 3 year old.

Family run business with fantastic staff. Food a taste sensation. Professionals in every way. We haven't stopped boasting about it to everyone.

Thanks for making our last night in Cape Town with the family a memorable occasion. From Barry and Tracy.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The food was amazing, memorable, the staff were all outstanding and seem to enjoy working here. If you want fine dining and linen tablecloths don't go. If you want great food and wine in a relaxed atmosphere -. Fish is excellent - Cajun blackened Rump- fantastic. Just Go!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

My wife and I both had an excellent meal . When asked for a glass of Ouzo they presented me a bottle of Zorba.........this is the cheapest booze around in SA ; many a student knows this.... And it definitely is not Ouzo.
Waiter Cameron was exceptionally helpful ; best waiter we even had in SA since 2005 !

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Our dinner wouldn't be as gorgeous if it weren't for Jessica, the sweetest and most helpful waitress ever. Her suggestions were great, we weren't sure what food or wine to order. We had yellow tail and Marlin (catch of the day). oh, delicious. Highly recommended. Very nice atmosphere. You have to book. Good quality-price ratio.