“TV Channels” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Johannesburg, South Africa
“TV Channels”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the second time and despite my continuous request to have certain TV channels (free to air if I may add that), my request have been met with less than satisfactory responses. TV is one of the few basics that can keep you entertained away from home and the inflexibility and choice of channels chosen made me wonder of people of color are taken seriously in this hotel. Channels available excluded SABC 1 (until I insisted on my second trip), SABC 2, 3 & eTV; Supersport 4 which caters for local soccer). It seems as if they are just happy to receive your pay and don’t care about your stay. I will never set foot here. Not recommended at all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MbulaN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel treated us very well for our honeymoon. They gave us a top floor room with a view of the ocean. The location is great and the breakfast is as well. The staff is helpful and very nice. We stayed there to save money so that we could spend it seeing all the beautiful sights. Most of our Taxi's to the waterfront were about 10 rand each way- so be sure to budget this in. Also, the few shops and restaurant that are located below the hotel close early - so you have to use the garage entrance when spending a late night in town. Some of the rooms have the shower/bath area right off the bedroom, with no dividing wall- which made for a fun honeymoon, but might not be for everyone.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roger R
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I just came from Cape Town for a business trip. I stayed at the boutique Hotel for 4 days. The rooms are clean, and functional. The location was ideal as it is on sea point. the included breakfast is good, albeit being the same one every morning. The spa located in the same building was great to have and it was a great experience. The convenience of the location coupled with the price that was paid for the stay makes it an A+ experience for me. I will surely stay there for my next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Although the hotel describes itself as 'boutique', I'm not sure that's a description I'd agree with - partly because it's located within a shopping centre and partly due to its size and feel, which is more 'chain' than 'boutique'. The room was spacious and well equipped but I was located directly over the terrace leading out from the bar and was somewhat noisy. Breakfast was perhaps repetitive and, again, something I'd associate with a 'chain' hotel. Food didn't seem to be replenished so once the croissants had run out that was that! Other than the giant cockroach in my room it was very clean and offered value for money especially as it was so conveniently located in Sea Point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the terrace!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently strayed at this hotel for 7nights during my visit to Cape town on a management training with AHLE-X. My experience in Cape town was nice and unforgettable. The rooms in this hotel is very nice and clean. I really enjoyed the natural breeze into my room, as it was just by the sea point.

Breakfast was good, but it was the same everyday. I had to check-in myself as they didn't have any concierge to help me with my luggage. Check-out was also the same. The environment was lovely, with Spar and other shopping area. I will surely come back to this hotel with my family. Overall, this hotel is very nice and the location is great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Simon's Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were just wondering what a hotel would cost in Sea Point for an evening and we stumbled upon this little gem, within a 2 minute stroll of Cape Town's best restaurant La Mouette. The hotel has been wonderfully refurbished, the rooms are spacious clean well equipped with large comfortable beds. We paid 660Zar for the room inclusive of breakfast, doubt if they will have these prices for long but it was well worth the money. All in all excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Byrt
Pemba, Mozambique
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed there for our holidays for 1 week to celebrate our 5th Anniversary!
For the first 2 nights our AC (for hot air) was not working, and we were really cold! we ask them to come and check and after 2 days they decide to change our room cause it was going to take a long time to be able to fix it.
We were so glad to change rooms! Our first room was great, the only problem was the heater. But our second room was even greater than the first one!
Really comfortable bed, big room, wonderful bathtub and a great view from both ocean and mountain!
Breakfast was really good and the ladies serving the breakfast there were really nice!
We had free WIFI and it was working really good.
All the staff at the hotel were really nice and helpful when we need anything.
We had free parking.
The only thing that I would like to see is more options for room service.
We really want to come to Cape Town and stay at New Kings again!

Room Tip: We stayed at the 5th floor, choose a room further from the elevator for less noise
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Premier Hotel Cape Town
Premier Hotel Cape Town
#56 of 106 in Cape Town Central
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#68 of 106 in Cape Town Central

Been to New Kings Hotel? Share your experiences!