Grand Daddy Hotel
US$133
US$114
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$169
Taj Hotels
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$131
Hilton
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$833
US$485
US$269
US$211
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$276
Hotels.com
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$221
US$176
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$201
US$181
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$619
US$495
Agoda.com
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$367
US$315
Agoda.com
All reviewstrailer parkrooftop barlong streetgold rushair streamcool hotelsuperior roomincluded breakfaststayed here for two nightsboutique hotelstayed longerhop on hopmother citycentral locationsouth africaairstreamcaravan
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We went to Cape Town for a little weekend get-a-way so the rooftop trailers were perfect (wouldn't want to stay for more than a couple days as they are small). We knew going in that they were vintage trailers and were kitchy. So it was a fun experience. The rooftop bar was great to have a drink before going out to dinner, and they closed at 9pm so didn't keep us up. The only meal we ate at the hotel was breakfast and thought it was tastey. All service was great. The only bad thing was that the bathroom door was broken and wouldn't stay closed, neither of the ceiling vents/fans worked (not a big deal as there was air-con), but like any hotel you expect things to be in perfect working order.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We spent the last night of a two week trip in the Afro Funk trailer, one of a number of trailers on the top floor of the Grand Daddy hotel having read about it in a travel magazine and city guide.

The trailer we stayed in was nicely decorated and as would be expected, small. The bed, shower, bathroom, TV and fridge are all on the small side to fit in, but we knew what we were getting and really enjoyed our night being 'trailer park trash'! We managed to get all our luggage in, but of course would have had a lot more space if we just had weekend bags!

The hotel is located in Long Street in the City Bowel and has a great selection of restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel itself has a number of bars and a restaurant to chose from. We enjoyed our complimentary drink on the roof top bar which was rather surreal amongst the trailers. You can see Table Mountain from the roof too (was so nice to wake up with a bit of a view) and can look down on the action of Long Street.

Staff are friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the area. I'd recommend the trailers for a night or two as something different and fun. A great thing to tell your friends about too!

Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Bang slap in the middle of Long Street with Cape Town's bars on your doorstep, Grand Daddy is perfectly placed for a few nights out on the town. It also offers a rather unique sleeping expeience as we decided to stay in one of their trailers placed on the roof of the building. These rather cool, if small trailers are great fun. Each one is decked out individually and offer great (if slightly obscured) views of Table mountain as you open your door in the morning. The hotel is staff are friendly and enthusiastic, there is small rooftop bar, larger blingy bar on the first floor and a chilled cafe / dinner on the ground floor. The only draw back with the trailers are the size. I think I would go stir crazy if I stayed more than a few nights and the bed was certainly cozy plus I had to crouch to get under the shower (and I'm not even six foot!). Overall though a great experience and if you fancy something fun and different at a decent price, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 9 December 2009

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 24 November 2009

This must be the highlight of my trip to Southern Africa. I stayed at The Grand Daddy for 4 nights being a Wednesday to Saturday. I spent 2 nights in The Rooftop Trailer Park and 2 nights in the suites on the 2nd floor. The bar is super cool - there was live music every night, on Thursday the rooftop cinema opens and my ticket was free as I stayed in a caravan. On Friday there was also a free concert on the roof. Watching a movie on the rooftop sipping a cold beer was a special moment. The vibe is good, staff went out of their way to assist me - the rooms are comfortable and clean, my caravan was en-suite with a queen sized bed and certainly very different. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back. If you're looking for an exciting and fun hotel with creative décor this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple