“My favourite restaurant across the globe”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hildebrand - CLOSED

Hildebrand
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stafford, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant across the globe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I first dined at The Hildebrand in the 80's when they were at their old site in St George's Street.

Since then, I have dined here countless times. I rate their V&A location amongst the top five in The Waterfront.

The carte is mainly Italian, but there is always something for everyone. The quality is always tops, and the service superb.

The 'matre d', Tony, has been there as long as I can remember - he will ensure you have a memorable evening.

I live overseas now, but every visit to Cape Town always includes at least one dinner here.

You will not be disappointed.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank FrancisHook

Kennewick, Washington
“Good choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were tired,hungry, and wandering around the shops at the waterfront. The Hildebrand Restaurant looked like it had a tasty variety of entrees on their menu. We were right. Everything was delicious and made from scratch! My husband and I both ordered the venison tortellini. We are planning on returning for a second go around tonight!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Our 4pm saviour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

After coming back from Robben Island and having not eaten since breakfast, the winter menu here took our fancy. The service was good, the prices very reasonable and the food was just what we needed! For a set menu the portions were very generous and there was a good choice, we had fish cake starters then the sirloin steak and the venison tortellini - all were lovely. Many restaurants were closed from 4-6pm so finding this place was ideal. The covered, heated outdoor seating area Hildebrand offered was also a welcome escape from the cold and came with a better view than being inside.

london
“Excellent service and tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hildebrand on the waterfront is a great place to eat, had a great atmosphere and the waiter Neville were very helpful. It was lovely sitting outside looking at the great view and the boats coming in and out the harbour, this place is high on my list, it was my first visit and certainly not my last.

La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stopped in just for a quick bite while visiting the waterfront. The food was good, and the staff was courteous. We would stop and eat here again.

• Visited May 2014