Ikhaya Lodge
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
Hotels.com
US$134
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$131
Hilton
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$485
US$218
US$209
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$276
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$218
US$174
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
US$619
US$495
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$207
US$181
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$367
US$350
All reviewsafrican decorcompany gardensnational galleryquiet areaconference roomtable mountaincity sightseeingcompany's gardensmall hotelwater shortagehop on hop off bus stopsafe parkinglong streethot breakfastwalking distanceperfect locationenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed at iKhaya Lodge during the World Cup to report for a museum about women and public health. The Lodge was clean, incredibly safe, lovely, comfortable, and the staff were exceptionally kind. I travel frequently for work and staying at the Lodge was a truly remarkable time. I will return again next year and many years to come.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I spent four wonderful nights at the Ikhaya Lodge with colleagues earlier this month (Oct 2010) and found it absolutely delightful. If you're looking for a chain type hotel with predictable amenities and such, don't come here -- but if you're looking for a place with both charm and artistic touches, with exceptional African hospitality in a wonderful location, then you've chosen the right place. What I loved was the outdoor courtyard, as well as the view of Table Mountain right from my room -- in addition to the lovely square outside where there were cafes, nearby parks, and also an amazing Wellness clinic one block over where I had one of the best massages I've ever had! I cannot finish this review without mentioning Ruth and Dereck -- both lovely wonderful and warm people who make this place one of my new favorites in a city/town I will come back to again and again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Superb location, wonderful staff and fantastic views of Table Mountain. easy walking distance to pubs, restaurants and the Gardens. The Hotel was undergoing a minor refit and we understand that they will be opening a new restaurant for lunches and dinner. the value for money in a fairly pricey city is outstanding.
Ruth and all the staff could not have made us feel more welcome. it is like one big family. I highly recommend this small hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We considered it fortunate to have found Ikhaya Lodge to spend our three weeks in Cape Town. The location is excellent to many options within walking distance and we always felt safe. The service, generosity, and sincere interest in their guests was such a welcome feature to have when you are in a unfamiliar place. The advice was usually spot-on and we appreciated the fact that they "really" did want us to have a wonderful and interesting experience - one we return to. The rooms were very comfortable and the view from our room of Table Mountain was beautiful. If I had only one suggestion it would be more options for breakfast. I heartily recommend Ikhaya Lodge if you are in Cape Town.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Located close to GAllery and Gardens, is well located to view the city. Fairly well priced for the World Cup we stayed here as a group for a few days. Restaurant not well attended, did not seem like a dinner destination or staffed like one but hotel staff very friendly. Rooms were clean and although a bit small had evrything we needed. Staff accomodated special room request.

• Stayed: June 2010