“Nice stay in Cape Town”
Review of Tom's Guest House

Tom's Guest House
Ranked #23 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Almost a week in Cape Town after travelling over two weeks in Southern Africa. Very nice and relaxing stop at Oranjezicht. Good location, half an hour walk to downtown, After about almost 4 months I don´t remember anything but good things agout Tom´s Guest House. The management, service, breakfast etc. were just perfect. Thank you very much,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank J0te

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We arrived in Cape Town S.A after a very long and arduous travel. Geunter one of the owners of the guest house was waiting for us at the airport. We felt very special and welcomed. On arrival at the guest house we were given a welcome drink, our bags were promptly taken to our room. Breakfasts were delicious and the entire stay was very comfortable. I would highly recommend Tom's Guest House and if we're priveledged to return to Cape Town that will be where we'll stay! Huge thumbs up!!!!

Room Tip: Clean, friendly, comfortable accommodation. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff/owners...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene Y
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I've been there with my girlfriend once arrived in CT, nice location, very nice rooms, good breakfast and they gave us so many good advises! they suggested how to arrange our road trip along the coast and we were so happy that on the way back, 5 days later we decided be their guests again.
Rooms are nice and clean, enough space and warm enough for their winter, everything is near, they have enough space for parking the car outside and the neighbourhood is safe.
Breakfast was good with a reasonable choice of fruit, bacon, eggs etc..etc..
Ther restaurants they suggested were simply delicious!
Thank you guys, lloking forward to be back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robinswe
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great location in Capetown, the city is around the corner, Table Mountain is a 15 minute drive, the waterfront also. You have a spectacular view of Table Mountain as you drive into the street. A supermarket is close by and also some good restaurants. The common room is spacious and luxurious. You can watch a DVD about Mandela (Goodbye Bafana), which adds tot the experience of Robben Island. Breakfast is huge, and a lot to pick from, the ladies who provide for the breakfast and the cleaning are very friendly and a laugh. Parking on the street but is mostly no problems. The hosts are helpful but are really stressing to be cautious (almost too much). If people tend to be scared they might be very scared to go on to the Capetown streets after the intro talk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

After a fully booked Cactusberry Lodge turned me away, they did me the favour of putting me in touch with the owners of Tom's Guest House. One of the partners picked me up at the airport and filled me in on all things Cape Town and the story behind Tom's Guest House. The property is beautiful, and I was tucked in at the back, with my own private patio and entrance. My room was very comfortable and when it rained outside, I was content doing nothing inside. But once the rains cleared, I did a walking tour of Cape Town and found that Tom's was perfectly situated near everywhere I wanted to visit. I fell in love with Cape Town and Tom's was a part of the reason why.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights. We got the independent rooms on the upper floor. A/C works well, important for winter. Location is good for tourist with car or without, since travellers can walk to the some places in the centre.
They don't provide shampoo or body cream as in other guest houses form the same range. Breakfast was nothing special but it was good.The staff needs to be more friendly and smile :)

Room Tip: If you need privacy, get the independent rooms on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The place was an excellent accommodation in Cape Town. The owners of the guest house were extremely nice and helpful in making the stay as pleasant as possible. I would definitely return to Tom's Guest House if back in Cape Town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business