We travelled as part of the group and our accommodation was booked through one of the touring couples through connections. This connection turned into a great plus for us. This is a wonderful small hotel in Sea Point and the accommodation and breakfast facilities are excellent. The bedrooms are not large but the beds are very comfortable and the living area makes up for the lack of bedroom space. Every staff member was polite and incredibly helpful and always greeted us, morning and night in a friendly manner. The hotel is situated on a side street just off the main seafront drive so when catching the Hop on Hop off bus, we just walked down to the sea front and along about 100m to the allocated stop.
We were able to organise trips to the cape and also to Stellenbosch and Franschhoek winery areas through the hotel. Through a partnership with a wonderful tour company headed up by Mohedien Noordien (Mo) which has a desk at the hotel, all of our airport pickups, transfers around the city, delivery to and pick up from activities and restaurants, and tours were all centrally organised and taken care of. We just had to turn up on time and were whisked away on another wonderful part of our adventure. Our amazing driver, Terrence Andipatin, accompanied us on two of our days out and was able to relay so much information to us. He had encyclopedic knowledge of South Africa, Cape Town and everything we seemed to want to know. Terrence also suggested alternatives to the set route as he began to pick up on what we may or may not be as interested in. His alternatives were always stunning additions to our day.
Thank you Raymond, Manager of the Hyde and to Mo and Terrence for making our stay so amazing. We came away feeling like we knew Cape Town and the wonderful surrounds very well.
We recommend: Plan your trip and have an idea of what you like doing and then let Mo and Terrence assist in a tailor-made sight seeing agenda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyde All-Suite Hotel Situated in the cosmopolitan area of Sea Point, The Hyde Luxury All Suite Hotel comprises of 36 swanky Luxury Suites and is Cape Town’s new hot spot for production crews, conferencing clients, and business or leisure travelers. Catering specifically to these discerning markets, the Hyde delivers the small things that make the big differences – with a style all of its own. The Hyde is an independently owned and operated boutique hotel of the highest standard with a commitment to excellent service and sophisticated comfort being the pledge of its dedicated, passionate owners and management team, ably assisted by their handpicked support staff. This philosophy of accessibility, extra care and attention to detail converts our guests into friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hyde All-Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hyde All Hotel Sea Point
- The Hyde All-Suite Hotel Cape Town, South Africa