“We had a very nice stay :)”
Review of Strand Tower Hotel

Strand Tower Hotel
Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Berlin, Germany
“We had a very nice stay :)”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a very nice stay at Strand Tower Hotel. The rooms where very clean and i loved the Pool :) Every day they cleaned the room. The Breakfast was okay. The People at the reception where absolutely friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our time :) The Hotel is situated in the city center, near to the Long Street.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear "Bolle1459"

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. I am glad that you found all the hotel facilities to liking.

We do pride ourselves on the efficiency and friendliness of our team. It pleases me to know that you were able to experience this first hand. I trust you furthermore enjoyed the complimentary internet that we offer to all our guest.

Please do contact us with you next visit to Cape Town so that we can extend the hospitality you are accustomed to

Theo De Zeeuw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Germiston, South Africa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I facilitated a conference 4 - 7 March 2014. The service from arrival at the hotel to departure was excellent. The food and refreshments served over the four days was also excellent. Staff that worked at conferencing went out of their way to make it a great success. I will definitely use the facility again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear "Richard M"

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your conferencing experience with us. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable conference with us. I have sent your praises onto our conferencing team for their motivation and gratitude.

The variety of conferencing options we offer makes The Strand Tower Hotel a great location i.t.o. conferencing solutions. We have 6 in-house conference rooms ranging from breakaway rooms to conference rooms that can host more than 200 people.

The cuisine we offer our conference delegates are truly to write home about. We have a large variety of freshly prepared food on every occasion.

We do look forward in welcoming you back to the Strand Tower Hotel for all your future conferencing and accommodation needs.

Kind Regard

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Hotel is located at a center point. easy walk around and find places to shop and to eat.

Breakfast had good variery to choose from. The rooms are reasonably sized and the view from window is table mountain and the busy roads of CPT.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Aravind S
Dear "Aravind S"

Thank you for the review regarding your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our breakfast is truly a feast to behold. Our in-house bakery ensures that all our breads are freshly baked for all our guests to enjoy,

I am pleased you enjoyed your room as well as the spectacular view of Table Mountain.

We look forward in welcoming you back with your next visit to Cape Town.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed four nights at the hotel on a combined business/holiday trip. I arrived early in the morning and even though the staff promised to try to find a room for me as soon as possible I only received it after check-in hours (2 pm). This was problematic since I had to work. I received a wifi internet voucher to use while woking in the restaurant but the wifi was not working and it was impossible for me to work there. In the room the internet connection was quite good.

The room I stayed in on the fifth floor (502) was however not very nice. Although the hotel proudly says they have spectacular views from their rooms, I was looking at a blank wall on one side and into an office, which was maybe two meters from my window, on the other side. Breakfast is okay, but nothing special really. The staff was mostly friendly and helpful, but not very flexible or service minded sometimes. In addition some of my room neighbour decided to have an after party right outside my room on Saturday night.. not too pleasant.

While I was not impressed with the hotel, the location, however, is perfect. It is easy to just walk down to Long street for lunch, dinner or drinks in the evening, or hop into a car or cab and drive off outside the city.The car parking on the 1st floor was also a plus since it can be tricky to find parking in the street.

Room Tip: Make sure to require a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear "Nina S"

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us. I have taken your concerns to heart and i assure i have addressed them.

Please do take note that we do have two room classes. Please unsure that when you book the room you carefully look at what is being booked. As we are a city hotel, it is inevitable that some of the rooms overlook other buildings. We do have spectacular views from the superior rooms where one can wake up to table mountain and the beautiful harbor.

Due to high occupancies we were unfortunately not able to assist with a early arrival room. I can assure we strive to assist with guests requests as far as possible. I am pleased that my team was able to accommodate you with a complimentary internet voucher while you waited to the normal check in time.

As mentioned, the location of the hotel is perfectly located for any business traveler as well as tourist. Our city center location makes the hotel prefect for exploring Cape Town.

Please do contact me upon your next visit to Cape Town. I would like to offer you a true sense of our hospitality.

kind Regards
Thame, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a fairly run-of-the-mill city-centre hotel; you know, the sort that has bland decor, a big room for seminars on the 2nd floor and very average breakfasts. The rooms are basic but spacious; similarly the bathrooms are spacious and include a bath. The WiFi was good but the two computer terminals in the lobby had technical problems. The location is very good - a short walk to a variety of shops and a 15-20 minute walk down to the V&A Waterfront. On arrival, the front-desk staff were cold but on the final day one of the team was very helpful and did the online, airline check-in for us. The concierge team were more friendly and always willing when it came to handling luggage and finding you a taxi.
Overall verdict - I would shop around next time for somewhere with a bit more character.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear "HankEaling"

Thank you for taking the time to provide with a review of you recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the view from your room. I am pleased that you made use of the complimentary Wi-fi that is available throughout the Hotel.

I have taken note of your concerns and we have addressed them accordingly. Please do contact us directly with you next visit to Cape Town in order for us to extend our hospitality to you and your family.

Surrey, UK
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights before boarding a cruise ship. The staff on reception are very helpful, the room was a reasonable size and clean and the location is fairly central. There is a Hertz car rental opposite which is convenient. However, the hotel is in need of refurbishment throughout. For two nights it was OK but it would have been depressing to stay any longer. The breakfast was very mediocre.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrsj
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear "jrsj"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We have taken note of your concerns and we will be addressing them during our off-season.

I am sure you enjoyed the complimentary wireless internet that we provide all our guests as well as the complimentary mineral water that is situated on the restaurant floor.

Please do contact me the next time you are in Cape Town in order for us to extend our warm hospitality again.

Mossel Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Great convenient hotel for a stay in Cape Town. Very nice and helpful staff. Great manager. Needs freshened up a bit over all. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Small problem with hot water and manager stayed on it with great follow through.

Room Tip: Get room with a view of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear "Rogerdav101"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will share your kind words with our team members for their information and motivation.

Thank you for your patience with regards to the small hot water issue we had. I can assure you we have put additional systems in place in order to prevent this from re-occurring.

I am glad you had a comfortable stay and we do look forward in welcoming you back for your next visit to Cape Town.