“Great People, Great Location, Great Hotel”
Review of Strand Tower Hotel

Strand Tower Hotel
Ranked #51 of 111 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed at the Strand Tower twice, and I would pick this hotel again. The people are friendly and helpful, you're in walking distance of all the shops/restaurants, and just a few minutes from the waterfront.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerSTH, General Manager at Strand Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear "Blake F"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. I am pleased that you have chosen the Strand Tower Hotel as your base of operation while visiting Cape Town.

Our location is truly ideal when travelling in and around Cape Town. I am pleased that you find all that the hotel has to offer to your liking. We always strive to go the extra mile for all our guests.

We most definitely look forward in welcoming you back to the Strand Tower Hotel upon your next visits to Cape Town.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Strand Tower Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

During my stay, I found the central aircon ineffective. Moreover the food is not great and is a tad mundane. Far better places to stay in Cape Town. However, it must be noted that the staff are friendly, especially the porters.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear "BranerryZA"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We always value feedback in order to constantly improve.

Your concerns has been noted and i can assure you that i have addressed them accordingly.

I will convey your praises to the Hotel team for their consideration and motivation.

Please contact me should you visits Cape Town in the near future. (manager@strandtowerhotel.co.za)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had an opportunity to stay at The Strand Towers hotels in Cape Town this past weekend and what really stood out for me is the warm friendly staff all the way from the reception, concierge desk, the restaurant to the room steward. The hotel is cosy, warm and homely and ideal for both business and leisure travellers given its strategic central location. I enjoyed the mountain backdrop view from the hotel's 2nd floor lounge before proceeding for buffet dinner that offers such variety and the BEST prawns in town! I have managed to come back relaxed while on a business trip...

Liz Kariu

Room Tip: I had an opportunity to stay at The Strand Towers hotels in Cape Town this past weekend and what rea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear "Liz K"

Thank you for providing us and the fellow travelers such a comprehensive review of your stay with the Strand Tower Hotel.

Please be assured that your review has been sent to all team members for their consideration and motivation. As we always strive to improve on our service, it is nice to see that we are moving in the right direction.

We do pride ourselves on our wonderful restaurant and I am pleased that you enjoyed the prawns so much.

I trust that you will visit us with your next trip to Cape Town and i can assure you that we look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great overnight stay in the centre of Cape Town. The staff were welcoming and very helpful. Service was excellent, and the rooms spacious, neat and had all amenities required.
Would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone wanting be at the heart of Cape Town and enjoy friendly efficient staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Corneliag44

Dear "Corneliag44"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback of you stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. We constantly strive to improve on our service delivery and reviews like yours lets us know that we are on the right track.

I will forward your review to all of the Strand Tower Hotel team members for their motivation and consideration.

I am pleased that you found the room and the location of the Hotel to your liking.

We greatly look forward in welcoming you back to the Strand Tower Hotel.

Theo de Zeeuw

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The staff were lovely and the hotel is in a great central location. Hotel could do with an update and the pool was often dirty but overall good value for money. Breakfast was good but didn't eat dinner there.

Wifi was sometimes intermittent but overall it was ok. The daily limit was occasionally a problem. Car parking was also a handy option

The 'spa' area on the top floor is a joke

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Daer "A M"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay at the Strand Tower Hotel.

We always strive to improve on our service and product. Your concerns has been taken to heart.

We are currently upgrading our wireless internet that will enable us to provide our guests with unlimited wireless internet connection and at a much faster speed.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the Strand Tower Hotel upon your next visit to Cape
Town.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

we stayed for 2 nights over Easter and for exploring the city of Cape Town we found it to have the ideal location (quick access to Long Street and all the local and tourist spots in the city). The room was large and very comfortable and had every amenity that one would need (incl. plug points for Iphones and Ipads which felt like an extra luxury) - the beds were large and very comfortable with nice linen and bedding (also not a given in a large city hotel in any country). we stayed on one of the top floors and had a beautiful view of table mountain and lions head every time we woke up.
we had both breakfast and dinner in the restaurant - the food was very good especially the baked goods in the morning (after enquiring we found out that the baker is from Europe - you have to try the super yummie Croissants!!!) and I'm not sure how they make their coffee but it's excellent for hotel coffee.
the staff is highly trained and we found them all to be extremely efficient and friendly
all in all - if you're looking for a good 4* hotel in the middle of the city within walking distance of Long Street and the heart of the city - look no further. we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: the higher up you go the better your view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TK100

Dear "TK100"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of yo stay at the Strand Tower Hotel. I am pleased that you found that the Strand Tower Hotel met your needs.

Our bakery is located in-house in order to ensure that our bread selection during breakfast is the freshest in town. Our coffee is also roasted on-site to ensure that our coffee is as fresh as you can get. We import the coffee beans from Holland and then roast them on the hotel premises.

We trust that you will visit the Strand Tower Hotel upon your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I enjoyed the hotel overall. I was there for exploration, fun and sun. I got all 3. A few sticking points though. The "power" station was TERRIBLE! They had a black plastic station on the desk that had ethernet ports, usb ports, electrical outlets, etc.. Hardly ANY of it worked without a bunch of tweaking! My laptop never got enough charge to power up, once the initial charge fell off. I like nightlife, so the club across the street wasn't a problem, but conservative folks might not appreciate the music (house, dance, hip hop, pop) till well after midnight. They only give you about 200mb of wifi per day, which is next to NOTHING compared to average use, but I bought .5 gb the 2nd day, and that lasted me the rest of my 10 day stay. The room is clean and well appointed, the bathroom is very nice. I was close to a great deal of lounges/bars/food/etc.. Great beaches were nearby, but I had to drive a few minutes to get there. I would return, but I'll know what to expect

Room Tip: If you want quiet, get a room opposite to the Midnight club.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear "tehunej"

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in Cape Town.

Please be advised that i have addressed your concern regarding the power station in your room. We are currently upgrading our internet line and we will be able to offer all guests unlimited internet connection at a much greater speed.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Strand Tower Hotel.