Our evening at The Taj, Cape Town was nothing short of excellent. From arriving at the hotel, valet parking was completely seamless the valet attendants were warm and welcoming and worked together like a Formula One pit crew ;o). Check was done by the very efficient Quanita, who took our details and gave us a brief orientation of the hotel. On showing us The Bombay Brasserie Restaurant (the Taj's fine dining in-house Indian restaurant) she commented that she was aware that we would be dinning out that night and would we require a hotel transfer or directions to our chosen restaurant. This small detail and awareness of our plans during our stay was a wonderful touch. On being shown our room (Quanita took the time to do this personally) we were greeted with a welcome message on the television, another outstanding touch of caring.
Throughout our stay the staff were friendly, aware and willing to make our stay as comfortable as possible without being intrusive. Breakfast was a fantastic selection of delicious A la Carte and buffet delights and check out was as as smoothly executed as we had now become accustomed to.
If you are looking for a superb restful welcoming business or leisure stay in Cape Town there is no better choice than the Taj Cape Town.
As a final word the hotel has the most comfortable beds of any hotel I have had the experience of staying at. It feels like home and I will be going back and recommending it to any visiting colleagues in the future.
Thank you to all staff and management you are doing a wonderful job. best wishes and congratulations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of the one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town. The hotel is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architectures. Originally home of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new - a 100 years in history! This luxury hotel is perfectly located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance of the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. It's prime location ensures a blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine. - Within walking distance to most tourist attractions, monuments, museums, shopping, restaurants, markets and nightlife. Adding to this grand yet welcoming atmosphere are the two dining experiences, the Indian fine dine specialty restaurant, Bombay Brasserie and Mint, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant. Both are warm and welcoming and serve outstanding cuisine. Alongside this you'll find wonderful Champagne and tapas bar known as The Twankey Bar which is exceedingly popular with both locals and guests alike. Rooms are located in both the heritage buildings and the contemporary tower wing, but all continue to seamlessly merge history and modernity. Luxury Rooms have spectacular city or breathtaking mountain views overlooking the famous Table Mountain and the Taj Club Rooms and suites offer all the benefits of the executive Club Lounge including butler service, evening canapes, cocktails and private breakfast. One and Two Bedroom Suites are also available, perfect for the discerning traveller or for families. The award winning Jiva Grande Spa is one of its kind in Africa with unique and authentic wellness treatments and experiences. Also on offer is complimentary use of all wet areas, heated pool, and a high tech gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa