When we decided to visit Cape Town, we immediately chose the Taj as our hotel. What we expected as of any Taj across the world, was warm, welcoming Indian hospitality ..what we got was excellent service, friendly and professional staff, great food and rooms and a location to beat any other hotel in the city.
The hotel was so comfortable , child friendly and reminscent of home with its all pervading lemon grass aroma and the Krishna statues in the lobby. The food was excellent both at Mint and The Bombay Brassiere and the staff delivered exemplary service at all times. We were particularly impressed with the Concierge , the staff at the desk went out of ther way to see we got what we needed.
With its doors opening onto George Street and all the cafes, galleries and malls including the exciting Green Market Square and Long Street virtually a minutes walk away from the hotel..the location of the hotel I would say is the heart of Cape Towns business and leisure hub.
Great job guys!! Makes us really proud as Indians to have a world class hotel in a world class city. Not for nothing are the Taj Hotels known as the Leading Hotels of the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of the one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town. The hotel is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architectures. Originally home of the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers and later the Board of Executors (BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new - a 100 years in history! This luxury hotel is perfectly located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance of the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. It's prime location ensures a blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine. - Within walking distance to most tourist attractions, monuments, museums, shopping, restaurants, markets and nightlife. Adding to this grand yet welcoming atmosphere are the two dining experiences, the Indian fine dine specialty restaurant, Bombay Brasserie and Mint, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant. Both are warm and welcoming and serve outstanding cuisine. Alongside this you'll find wonderful Champagne and tapas bar known as The Twankey Bar which is exceedingly popular with both locals and guests alike. Rooms are located in both the heritage buildings and the contemporary tower wing, but all continue to seamlessly merge history and modernity. Luxury Rooms have spectacular city or breathtaking mountain views overlooking the famous Table Mountain and the Taj Club Rooms and suites offer all the benefits of the executive Club Lounge including butler service, evening canapes, cocktails and private breakfast. One and Two Bedroom Suites are also available, perfect for the discerning traveller or for families. The award winning Jiva Grande Spa is one of its kind in Africa with unique and authentic wellness treatments and experiences. Also on offer is complimentary use of all wet areas, heated pool, and a high tech gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town South Africa